Final fantasy 7 remake

Posted 5th Apr
Anyone have any idea where is the best place to buy a physical copy of this game. Obviously at the best price.

All the very best everyone. Stay safe
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
Final Fantasy VII Remake + PS4 Sephiroth Dynamic Theme (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) (PS4) amazon.co.uk/dp/…VGJ
I got mine from shopto already. Came on friday literally next day
So just shy of £50 really is about the best price as we speak.
StoneyWales05/04/2020 21:38

So just shy of £50 really is about the best price as we speak.

At the moment yes
Karim_1705/04/2020 21:38

At the moment yes

Kicking myself a little as I could have purchased it just shy of £40 not so long back. 😔 I suppose you win some and you lose some
£50 just for the Midgar portion of the game. I’m hoping they aren’t planning on making it any larger than three parts if they’re charging full whack for each one.
Pecoleye05/04/2020 21:52

£50 just for the Midgar portion of the game. I’m hoping they aren’t plan …£50 just for the Midgar portion of the game. I’m hoping they aren’t planning on making it any larger than three parts if they’re charging full whack for each one.

Yes, I got real mixed feelings about that. I think many of us were hoping for a remake, but I certainly didn't imagine it spanning across 3 parts which are essentially '3 games' really that capture the ff7 experience. £150 essentially to play the entire story of FF7. I hope this isn't setting the platform for others to follow.
Edited by: "StoneyWales" 5th Apr
The original was three discs with midgar making up a quarter if memory serves. I got it from gameplay website (remember them?). The full experience will be pricy, but it costs a lot to make them these days. I wish i could afford the console let alone the game. My staff discount at waitrose doesn't cut it.
Jeremy42406/04/2020 05:54

The original was three discs with midgar making up a quarter if memory …The original was three discs with midgar making up a quarter if memory serves. I got it from gameplay website (remember them?). The full experience will be pricy, but it costs a lot to make them these days. I wish i could afford the console let alone the game. My staff discount at waitrose doesn't cut it.

You are right. It did come with 3 discs, but all in one 'game' if you like. This is 3 separate releases essentially to encapsulate the full experience. This is going to be one expensive game.
Honestly I feel like Midgar wasn't anywhere near a quarter of the game. More like 10-15%. If you think of everything that happens after Midgar... there's a lot of content! I do think one of the ways they'll streamline the game is by getting rid of the world map. You don't really see 'world map' mechanics in too many modern games.
Edited by: "Pecoleye" 6th Apr
Any news on the supermarkets having this early in stock yet?
StoneyWales06/04/2020 07:14

You are right. It did come with 3 discs, but all in one 'game' if you …You are right. It did come with 3 discs, but all in one 'game' if you like. This is 3 separate releases essentially to encapsulate the full experience. This is going to be one expensive game.

Would you prefer them to hold back the first instalment until the whole game is finished? I'm in two minds about it. I don't think the average fan would want to wait but I would.
Pecoleye06/04/2020 08:38

Honestly I feel like Midgar wasn't anywhere near a quarter of the game. …Honestly I feel like Midgar wasn't anywhere near a quarter of the game. More like 10-15%. If you think of everything that happens after Midgar... there's a lot of content! I do think one of the ways they'll streamline the game is by getting rid of the world map. You don't really see 'world map' mechanics in too many modern games.

Memory plays tricks on us. It probably just seemed like that to me at the time because of the 'emotional impact' and Kalm being a bit of a let down. I remember getting to the outskirts of Midgar and then being blown away that there was a world outside. I just loved the idea of the world map and having the illusion of choice. Unfortunately the other towns, although numerous, couldn't live up to Midgar.
james.curry05/04/2020 21:22

I got mine from shopto already. Came on friday literally next day

Wow that's way before street date
Shak506/04/2020 11:49

Wow that's way before street date

I read somewhere that square said companies could send it early to beat the delays
james.curry06/04/2020 13:05

I read somewhere that square said companies could send it early to beat …I read somewhere that square said companies could send it early to beat the delays

This is true. Unfortunately they’re not altering the digital release date, which sucks for me since the disk drive in my console broke
Pecoleye06/04/2020 13:11

This is true. Unfortunately they’re not altering the digital release date, …This is true. Unfortunately they’re not altering the digital release date, which sucks for me since the disk drive in my console broke

That is terrible, but promise will be worth the wait. Its great
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions