Groups
    EXPIRED

Final Fantasy maker Square Enix hacked

SuperEd
    Just a heads up really.

Hackers have broken into two websites belonging to Japanese video games maker Square Enix.

The company confirmed that the e-mail addresses of up to 25,000 customers who had registered for product updates may have been stolen as a result.

8 Comments

Original Poster SuperEd

omg omg, it's only a matter of time when they hack into the air traffic controls and make aeroplanes crash in the air.

Banned

just shows security isnt as great as it should be, maybe employ the hackers :P

Wish these dorks would just go hang themselves...

what can people do with an email address though? apart from sending you junk mail?

Original Poster SuperEd

nono2522

what can people do with an email address though? apart from sending you … what can people do with an email address though? apart from sending you junk mail?

Might try to be from Square Enix themselves and might try to get more details/or click on a malicious link..be surprised how many people have done it

just send an e-mail from 'your bank' and ppl will click on it.
    I wonder if it could be insider job (selling data), thx for the heads up anyway.

Banned

DragonChris

Wish these dorks would just go hang themselves...

far from dorks if they can hack into pretty much anywhere, there genius`s if anything.

They should do what Microsoft done and employ them and use them for good.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861857
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4661379
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846149
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?44

See more discussions