Final Fantasy VII (7) on the Playstation Network Store - £7.99 for a classic game

Instead of paying a small fortune off ebay for the PS1 classic, you can now buy arguably the greatest game ever made from the playstation store, which will let you play the game on your ps3 and/or psp.

A must buy and at a bargain price.

Thanks

*Mod Edit - Not a deal as such as it's the only place you can legally download from at the normal selling price.

103 Comments

I'm very tempted to buy this just not sure if I have the time and effort to play through this game again.

P.S. I heard that if enough people download it, they're going to remake the whole game

Original Poster

Spriggan;5401518

I'm very tempted to buy this just not sure if I have the time and effort … I'm very tempted to buy this just not sure if I have the time and effort to play through this game again.P.S. I heard that if enough people download it, they're going to remake the whole game

really?? link please?? If true you have to buy this then, no excuse

I've never played a FF game :oops:

Was looking foward to XIV though. Is 7 one of the best or something?

Heat added.

I might pick it up later on, got enough games to play at the moment :roll:

Original Poster

cas398;5401587

I've never played a FF game :oops:Was looking foward to XIV though. Is 7 … I've never played a FF game :oops:Was looking foward to XIV though. Is 7 one of the best or something?Heat added.I might pick it up later on, got enough games to play at the moment :roll:

It is the best Final Fantasy Game ever. Arguably the greatest game ever

metacritic.com/gam…sy7

A true classic

This game normally sells preowned on ebay for about £20 to £30 so that says it all for a 12 year old game

cas398;5401587

I've never played a FF game :oops:Was looking foward to XIV though. Is 7 … I've never played a FF game :oops:Was looking foward to XIV though. Is 7 one of the best or something?

Those in the know say FF6 has a better storyline but FF7 is the game that brought Jap RPGs into the mainstream and most players (including me) started with it. That said £7.99 is a lot for a PS1 game that you could pick up for a lot less in the right places, I'll stick with my original copy.

Original Poster

t4v;5401736

Those in the know say FF6 has a better storyline but FF7 is the game that … Those in the know say FF6 has a better storyline but FF7 is the game that brought Jap RPGs into the mainstream and most players (including me) started with it. That said £7.99 is a lot for a PS1 game that you could pick up for a lot less in the right places, I'll stick with my original copy.

I doubt you'd be able to pick up FF7 for less that £7.99, its more like £20 to £30.

Also this is a digital download letting you put this game on your psp

I'd have bought but still got an original,1 of my fave games.

cas398;5401587

I've never played a FF game :oops:Was looking foward to XIV though. Is 7 … I've never played a FF game :oops:Was looking foward to XIV though. Is 7 one of the best or something?Heat added.I might pick it up later on, got enough games to play at the moment :roll:

one of the most classic and best RPG for the psone, have my ffVII discs still and considering buying it so idont have to change discs and put the disc in!

My most favorite ps1 game, very much worth £8.

I've downloaded it on the US Store yesterday, it only cost me about £6, so it might be worth going though the US store to buy it if you know how.

GreenTango;5401839

My favorite ps1 game, downloaded it on the US Store yesterday, cost me … My favorite ps1 game, downloaded it on the US Store yesterday, cost me about £6. worth while getting it on the US store for a saving if you know how

How did you dl from US Store if you don't mind me asking?

i think i will have to download this. had 2 copies of this game ruined by scratches and 1 copy stolen.

Original Poster

jackvdbuk;5401821

one of the most classic and best RPG for the psone, have my ffVII discs … one of the most classic and best RPG for the psone, have my ffVII discs still and considering buying it so idont have to change discs and put the disc in!

I'd do the same if i had the discs:x lol

Preserve the discs

bob100;5401577

really?? link please?? If true you have to buy this then, no excuse

old rumour but you never know.....ps3informer.com/pla…php

Believe it or not I purchased this from amazon brand new about a year ago. I'm tempted to buy it again so that I can have it on my PSP (well it will already play on my psp via the ps3 but that requires an wireless connection).

Spriggan;5401858

How did you dl from US Store if you don't mind me asking?

I set up a US user account using an address from the US then to pay for things i used the site [url]www.entropay.com[/url] to set up a virtual visa card.

There post on this site a while back explaining it in more detail.

i never really "got" all the fuss about this game i just couldnt get into it, i even dug it out again last month to try it but still couldn't get into it.

GreenTango;5401899

I set up a US user account using an address from the US then to pay for … I set up a US user account using an address from the US then to pay for things i used the site ]www.entropay.com to set up a virtual visa card.There post on this site a while back explaining it in more detail.

You got rep!:thumbsup:

not there?

Original Poster

Adam2050;5402097

not there?

Log on to your ps3/psp and go to the playstation store

bob100;5402168

Log on to your ps3/psp and go to the playstation store

Sound advice for anyone wanting to download something from the playstation store lol

Spriggan;5401518

I'm very tempted to buy this just not sure if I have the time and effort … I'm very tempted to buy this just not sure if I have the time and effort to play through this game again.P.S. I heard that if enough people download it, they're going to remake the whole game

if that were true id buy it as i'd like a remake, but since SquareEnix often remake their back catalog I would imagine that it will be remade one day. As it will be a cheaper alternative to making a new game, and also bring the game to a new audience who did not experience it and would be put off by the original gfx.
I personally started FF with VII so it I will always regard it as my fave.

Banned

VERY VERY hot price.

Def buying this. As you guys said, it goes for £20ish on eBay and the disks could be scratched, but here it's a digital download that works on PSP & PS3 and it's £8.99 !!!

Buying the second i get off my PC

thanks

flyingteddy;5402360

if that were true id buy it as i'd like a remake, but since SquareEnix … if that were true id buy it as i'd like a remake, but since SquareEnix often remake their back catalog I would imagine that it will be remade one day. As it will be a cheaper alternative to making a new game, and also bring the game to a new audience who did not experience it and would be put off by the original gfx. I personally started FF with VII so it I will always regard it as my fave.

Agreed with the most part. People who dislike FFVII's graphics now are one of the following;

1) haters, people just like to flame things for a reaction
2) a newbie gamer, gamers who were not around during the megadrive, snes, nes, saturn, ps1 days etc
3) genuinely dont like it for a legit reason (without flaming it)

personally, i still believe, 12 years after initial release it's still the best game EVER made.

Spriggan;5401518

the question is, most people have already played this through once, now theyre playing it through again, will they want to play through it yet again with fancier graphics, possibly, possibly not

Banned

iNSOMANiAC;5402375

the question is, most people have already played this through once, now … the question is, most people have already played this through once, now theyre playing it through again, will they want to play through it yet again with fancier graphics, possibly, possibly not

I'd say 85% of people will. I don't know if it's still ongoing but there have been petitions for FFVII remakes and approx 1.5 million people have visited / made a positive comment.

FFVII has won 'best game ever' awards for years on end at places like Gamefaqs etc.

The demand is there, hence the FFVII compilation, you may need to look into all the stuff if you don't know about the compilation (not meaning to insult your inteligence)

But the demand is there.

hmm ive heard its good but im another one who has never played FF games, at least not for very long. i get interested at the start but then the monotony sets in. and i cant get involved.

the game i did play a lot though was grandia on ps1. amazing game, i think that was three discs. anyway i played it for around 60 hours and i was well into disc 3 against a big boss. i saved my game and switched off, the next day i go back and my memory card was wiped. really gutted and although i got the game again later i couldnt go through it again. too much heartache!

i dont think this is hot at all.
its a ps1 game for £7

i bought a ps1 game for ps3 last time (crash bandicoot 2) for £3.50 and it was s**t.
the graphics after playing a current gen game seem unplayable.

i dont like this

THE game of ALL games. If i could napalm the heat i would or even better fire3 followed by flare

OMG FF7 ! i would love if they remade this for consoles these days, the story plus new graphics would make me *** my pants !

I spent many many hrs playing FFVII in my teens. Never managed to kill the dude in the sea tho!

Not played any FF's since - how do they compare? One of the great things about 7 was the number of special attacks each character developed - really kept the game alive all those hrs. Chocobo racing was a laugh too.

I played eternal sonata on the 360, which has a similar battle system, but its just not as indepth.

I actually enjoy the battle system aspect more than all the wondering around........can anyone recommend a decent game to fit the bill on the 360?

never played it but working in a games shop at the time of release and the following years has always made me curious as to why players wax lyrical about it so much.

Final Fantasy series.

Sex wee :lol:

Really great game, but some people just didn't get the genre at all. FF7 easily the best for simply breaking so many boundaries and bringing in the masses.

What once was a series that sold Sony MANY PlayStations, is now a little more mainstream. I hope SquareEnix can get back on track with future releases by reminding themselves how good FF7 was (and how loved it is by the fans).

£8 for this in my eyes, is a superb bargain. I once sold on fleabay FF7, FF8, FF9, FF6 and the other one that was on the PS1 as a two-game release with guides for 7, 8 and 9 ... got close to £100 and that was about 4 years ago ... !

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

owais;5402446

i dont think this is hot at all.its a ps1 game for £7i bought a ps1 game … i dont think this is hot at all.its a ps1 game for £7i bought a ps1 game for ps3 last time (crash bandicoot 2) for £3.50 and it was s**t. the graphics after playing a current gen game seem unplayable.i dont like this

graphics over gameplay then huh?

its not fair to look at crash 2 compared to FF7. both are different graphically and in gameplay.

there is a reason they have put it on for double the usual price - because its a much sought after game. it will still probably sell more than any other ps1 download.

and for another case in point - gears of war 2. lets say its £16. well thats rubbish then because golden compass is £4. the fact golden compass shouldnt even be 40p and isnt 40 times the game GOW2 wouldnt matter to you then?

BorisTheSpider;5402546

I spent many many hrs playing FFVII in my teens. Never managed to kill … I spent many many hrs playing FFVII in my teens. Never managed to kill the dude in the sea tho!Not played any FF's since - how do they compare? One of the great things about 7 was the number of special attacks each character developed - really kept the game alive all those hrs. Chocobo racing was a laugh too.

Emerald Weapon underwater, Ruby Weapon in the desert. Emerald was easy compared to Ruby ... ! Though Ruby was a letdown ... get a Desert Rose I think as loot, which got you a gold chocobo ... which helped you get 'Knights of the Round' materia ... and you already need that to beat either weapon ... lol ... well, that and a few sets of 'master' materia.

FF8 was very good, though a bit short for me. FF9 was an acquired taste ... FF10 was great, but I missed being able to fly over the world map. FF11 online - not sure. FF12 had mixed reviews - not played it yet myself. Loads of other versions on the DS as well ...

I love FF7, currently doing it on my PSP getting a perfect save file...

Bloody Emerald Weapon! When I was 8 (Yes, I dicked all over this game a few times, and never had ANY problems, never used a guide, defeated Emerald and Ruby easily, wtf is going on?!

t4v;5401736

Those in the know say FF6 has a better storyline but FF7 is the game that … Those in the know say FF6 has a better storyline but FF7 is the game that brought Jap RPGs into the mainstream and most players (including me) started with it. That said £7.99 is a lot for a PS1 game that you could pick up for a lot less in the right places, I'll stick with my original copy.

Sold my FF7 on eBay a few weeks ago for £30 :whistling:

owais;5402446

i dont think this is hot at all.its a ps1 game for £7i bought a ps1 game … i dont think this is hot at all.its a ps1 game for £7i bought a ps1 game for ps3 last time (crash bandicoot 2) for £3.50 and it was s**t. the graphics after playing a current gen game seem unplayable.i dont like this

Are you REALLY trying to compare Crash Bandicoot to FF7? :w00t:
Final Fantasy has never been about the graphics (although the cutscenes have always been impressive)

Would love a remake of this game. I very much doubt it would happen though as it would be like the devs admitting they can't make a great game anymore.
Shame as the little demo vid that came out a while ago looked sweet.

I think it is a bit cheeky charging double the normal rate for a PS1 game - I bought Silent Hill recently, and that was regular price - even though it is relatively sought after still.

The only justification they can offer really is the amount of content - 3 disc game over a 1 disc game?

Can we have MGS now please Sony? Probably cost us about £10 mind.............:roll: :-D

I am so getting this when I get home, I guess the price of the disks will now drop too?

super_leeds_86;5402562

never played it but working in a games shop at the time of release and … never played it but working in a games shop at the time of release and the following years has always made me curious as to why players wax lyrical about it so much.

Until 7 i had never played this type/genre of game before , the first time i raced through it , the second time i stayed up for 3 full days to complete it including getting the knights of the round attack. The first was ok the second hooked me there was so much story so many quests that id missed it was like playing another game . The graphics are dated now but the story if you follow it ( it can be a little like a jigsaw ) is very good and the 2 side boss battles with emerald and ruby weapon are epic not to mention the other quests that you can either complete or leave.

I really wish theyd make an up to date version for the pc , same game just bring the graphics upto todays standard.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …83141
    2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
    3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748
    4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2125

See more discussions