Groups

Final Fantasy VII Now On Playstation Network

Cost £7.99,Im getting the UK version but I believe the American version is better as it has no borders at top and bottom and runs slightly faster but I dont care, downloading now to throw on my PSP, 185 minutes remaining !

UK Version £7.99
    USA Version $9.99

you need to have a USA account to download the USA version and will have to buy credit for the US PSN off Ebay ( I think)

download size 1326mb

already been playing this on disc on my ps3 so lets hope I can carry the save over

38 Comments

Do you have to make a yank account for it? How you do it iim new to PS3 really.

I want to know too!

You gotta make a US account

When making an account, change your country to United States and follow it through like normal from there!

oldmanhouse;5401909

You gotta make a US accountWhen making an account, change your country to … You gotta make a US accountWhen making an account, change your country to United States and follow it through like normal from there!

Rep to you if it works!

oldmanhouse;5401909

You gotta make a US accountWhen making an account, change your country to … You gotta make a US accountWhen making an account, change your country to United States and follow it through like normal from there!

Is it like on XBOX where you have to put in an address? What one did you use?

Also the American on xbox wouldnt accept my card details lol. Had to buy an US points card

is there i sight with a comparison of the uk and us versions?

Original Poster

its on the UK playstation network , its been on the yank one since yesterday, on just come on UK one just now !

Im getting it now!!!! I have no money BTW!!!

oldmanhouse;5401909

I thought you can't buy from US store as you need to have a US address for your credit card?

Original Poster

Was going to get the USA version myself but not really much point in all the messing about, the PAL game is the one ive played many time without complaints, the battle system wont run any faster on the USA version so its not a like the actually game plays any better really

Original Poster

Spriggan;5401995

I thought you can't buy from US store as you need to have a US address … I thought you can't buy from US store as you need to have a US address for your credit card?

Edited description, you can buy PSN USA credit off Ebay, codes you redeem, I believe you can buy $20.00 for £18.00 which isnt that great

RuthIess;5401953

Is it like on XBOX where you have to put in an address? What one did you … Is it like on XBOX where you have to put in an address? What one did you use?Also the American on xbox wouldnt accept my card details lol. Had to buy an US points card

Spriggan;5401995

I thought you can't buy from US store as you need to have a US address … I thought you can't buy from US store as you need to have a US address for your credit card?

Never actually bought something from a foreign PSN store so I'm not the best person to advise on these matters but I think if you can't get a card working you'll have to buy points (or whatever Sony calls them) and redeem them on the US store.

Might just be easier to buy it from the UK store tbh. I gave up with faffing around with foreign accounts when I was trying for the Metal Gear Online beta, it got too complicated (especially signing up for a Japanese PSN account :w00t:)

Original Poster

downloading soooooooooo slooooooooooooooooooooooow

Soooooo quick i got it in 18mins. Just had a go, better than i imaged

Original Poster

what service provider you with , mines now at 87% nearly 3 hours laters ****in BT throttling downloads, they really are scum of the earth. Good job im changing to o2 next week !

Banned

RuthIess;5401953

Is it like on XBOX where you have to put in an address? What one did you … Is it like on XBOX where you have to put in an address? What one did you use?Also the American on xbox wouldnt accept my card details lol. Had to buy an US points card

A awful lot of people seem to live in Beverly Hills 90210 :thumbsup:

iNSOMANiAC;5404110

what service provider you with , mines now at 87% nearly 3 hours laters … what service provider you with , mines now at 87% nearly 3 hours laters ****in BT throttling downloads, they really are scum of the earth. Good job im changing to o2 next week !

20 mb/s on Virgin Media. I download Prototype this morning aswell, even though i can't play it yet. Done mabey 7GB's today and no limits yet

N20Y1D;5404118

A awful lot of people seem to live in Beverly Hills 90210 :thumbsup:

Hmmmm i thought that was just a coinsidence :w00t:

Is it "optimised" in any way?

Original Poster

grex9101;5404574

Is it "optimised" in any way?

no

iNSOMANiAC;5404775

no

pity, I hope they do the HD remake.

One of the best games ever.

Ok does any one know exactly how to open a USA account and purchase games? Sort of like an idiot guide?

GQ Man;5405617

Ok does any one know exactly how to open a USA account and purchase … Ok does any one know exactly how to open a USA account and purchase games? Sort of like an idiot guide?

Just get it from the UK one :whistling:

Original Poster

Major graphical glitch during play, I was at the beginning part where you have to plant the bomb so was levelling up to fight the first 'boss' thing, when barrett levelled up the whole picture went into a blurry mess of colours, then i went to the next screen and the picture was fine but all the text in the boxes and menus was the same, same in the fights as well, just boxes of intereference and various colours instead of any, excellent !

Banned

GQ Man;5405617

Ok does any one know exactly how to open a USA account and purchase … Ok does any one know exactly how to open a USA account and purchase games? Sort of like an idiot guide?

open account select us enter address and confirm

done for the idiot:thumbsup:

iNSOMANiAC;5409101

Major graphical glitch during play, I was at the beginning part where … Major graphical glitch during play, I was at the beginning part where you have to plant the bomb so was levelling up to fight the first 'boss' thing, when barrett levelled up the whole picture went into a blurry mess of colours, then i went to the next screen and the picture was fine but all the text in the boxes and menus was the same, same in the fights as well, just boxes of intereference and various colours instead of any, excellent !

I downloaded the US version so no problems here, should of taken your own advice mate and downloaded it from the US store.

For those that doesn't know, the UK (PAL) version is 17% slower and has a top and bottom border in the game.

Original Poster

Spriggan;5409242

I downloaded the US version so no problems here, should of taken your own … I downloaded the US version so no problems here, should of taken your own advice mate and downloaded it from the US store. For those that doesn't know, the UK (PAL) version is 17% slower and has a top and bottom border in the game.

Yes except in hindsight the PAL version is better because........ the borders at the top and bottom of the screen mean the you can change the setting to zoom mode and get the game fullscreen and only lose about 3mm off the top of the screen which doesnt affect the game at all, the american version you have to play in box form so ironically the pal version gives you the better, bigger picture ! hip hip........ !

iNSOMANiAC;5409427

Yes except in hindsight the PAL version is better because........ the … Yes except in hindsight the PAL version is better because........ the borders at the top and bottom of the screen mean the you can change the setting to zoom mode and get the game fullscreen and only lose about 3mm off the top of the screen which doesnt affect the game at all, the american version you have to play in box form so ironically the pal version gives you the better, bigger picture ! hip hip........ !

I've changed the screen settings to 'Full Screen' and it doesn't look boxed at all. Nevertheless it's great to replay such a legendary game:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Spriggan;5409492

I've changed the screen settings to 'Full Screen' and it doesn't look … I've changed the screen settings to 'Full Screen' and it doesn't look boxed at all. Nevertheless it's great to replay such a legendary game:thumbsup:

aye but full screen stretches the picture where as zoomed keeps it the same, full screen looks awful on the PAL version because of the borders

I didnt get tht glitch mate

Original Poster

Luckily i was near a save point so i managed to save and reload and its fine, might be because i changed the load speed to 'fast', put it back to normal now to be on the safe side, dont need a glitch like that again, 4 hours into a session and with no savepoint in sight !

I didnt change anything, bargain at £7.99 though

cool, can this game be [COLOR="Red"]acquired[/COLOR] in [COLOR="Red"]other [/COLOR]ways? ;-)

Original Poster

Tanchi;5409841

cool, can this game be [COLOR="Red"]acquired[/COLOR] in … cool, can this game be [COLOR="Red"]acquired[/COLOR] in [COLOR="Red"]other [/COLOR]ways? ;-)

you have been able to [COLOR="Red"]acquire[/COLOR] it in [COLOR="Red"]other [/COLOR]ways for years

Tanchi;5409841

cool, can this game be [COLOR="Red"]acquired[/COLOR] in … cool, can this game be [COLOR="Red"]acquired[/COLOR] in [COLOR="Red"]other [/COLOR]ways? ;-)

iNSOMANiAC;5409997

you have been able to [COLOR="Red"]acquire[/COLOR] it in … you have been able to [COLOR="Red"]acquire[/COLOR] it in [COLOR="Red"]other [/COLOR]ways for years

yeah, but it hasnt been relased on PSP b4 has it? :?

You can run it on the psp with a psx emulator.

Download it from PS Store and then you can get it on your PSP its only £7.99 for gods sake!!!

Tanchi;5410174

yeah, but it hasnt been relased on PSP b4 has it? :?

Download the game from a questionable website (torrent site, file hosting site, wherever you usually use), then use a program called "Simple Popstation GUI" or "PSX2PSP" to convert the image files of each disc you've downloaded to PSP format (they're usually in ISO format but could be BIN/CUE - they're the most common ones).

The gameplay could be buggy mind you.. I tried converting FF VIII and it froze about 30 mins into the game (at the Dollet comms tower boss fight) and it never went any further than that.

If you're gonna try this, then i'd recommend downloading the NTSC (american) verison of the game - popstation (or whatever program you use to convert the game ISO) has mixed results when converting PAL (european) games.

Alternatively, if you don't want to convert it yourself, you can probably download a pre-converted one from a torrent site or somewhere. Add "PSX-PSP" or "PSX-2-PSP" to your search to find pre-converted copies (e.g. "PSX-PSP Final Fantasy VII"). The fact that such pre-converted copies are around (and i've looked) may mean that it runs ok!

Good luck! :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions