Final Fantasy VII Remake (30/09/2017)

LocalFound 3rd Jul 2017
Just seen Base updated their price to £39.99, added a new cover art for the game and changed the release date to 30/09/2017. Not sure how real this could be but we all know they don't lie.

base.com/buy…htm
Community Updates
MiscFinal Fantasy
9 Comments
Placeholder quarter-end date - it's not going to release on a Saturday

The game's still a long way off - we might see episode 1 in 2018 if we're lucky, but certainly not in 2017. There also seems to be no mention on the listing page of the game's episodic nature.

What price was it previously listed at, out of interest?
Edited by: "Illusionary" 3rd Jul 2017
Original Poster
Illusionary

Placeholder quarter-end date - it's not going to release on a Saturday … Placeholder quarter-end date - it's not going to release on a Saturday :pThe game's still a long way off - we might see episode 1 in 2018 if we're lucky, but certainly not in 2017. There also seems to be no mention on the listing page of the game's episodic nature.What price was it previously listed at, out of interest?

That's what I thought too but why did they shift back from end of December to September?
mixmixi

That's what I thought too but why did they shift back from end of … That's what I thought too but why did they shift back from end of December to September?

No idea - but it's not happening Unintended mistake?
Original Poster
Illusionary

No idea - but it's not happening Unintended mistake?

Sorry just saw the last bit of your previous comment. It was £49.99 I believe. Looking at GAME they also removed the price holder (£49.99) and changed it to £42 with release date TBC 2017...
Haha.... hilarious that anyone could even think this would release this year. They have just moved development to more of an in house set up due to the fact that team that they had farmed it out to was struggling. We aren't seeing anything like even one section of what is probably going to be an episodic mess until Spring / Summer 2018.

My naive 12 year old inner self wants to desperately cling to the hope that this won't be an absolute travesty but let's be honest with ourselves, they will probably have emo cloud crying about everything while doing triple back flips with super 4K HD graphics and crappy 7.1 "out of work anime actor" voice acting and they will take any of the actual nuance or character out of the game so it is a bland parody of the game it's a remastering of.
Looool
Original Poster
No need to be offensive guys. This was a change in Base listing which I thought worth a discussion. Base has been pretty good with reporting release dates if you don't know. They are also currently taking preorders for Crash Trilogy for Xbox whilst no other retailer was aware of its release. I have also posted a few preorders from them in which they had the release date on (accurately) whilst other retailers were saying TBA. I am not saying this is the case for FFVII but I am also keeping my fingers crossed. X)
Edited by: "mixmixi" 4th Jul 2017
deleted265520
No chance. If only lol
Game were saying Sep 2017 last night too, dunno if its changed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants