Final presidential debate tonight at 2am can Donald Trump become mr Brexit?

102 replies
Found 19th Oct 2016
There are a lot similarities to Brexit e.g Trump has a much more passionate fan base who are constantly being told by the intolerant left that a vote for Trump means you are racist or stupid. The media/celebs are out in force shilling for Hillary who stands for corporatism and globalization and open borders just like the EU.

Was reading a interesting article earlier about how the betting market is near identical to that of Brexit where 65% of all bets being placed are for Trump to win but 71% of the money bet has been for Clinton.

Donald Trump once called himself Mr Brexit and a Trump presidency might actually deliver the Brexit a lot of us hope for where as a Clinton presidency could be extremely problematic!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
102 Comments

USA is in a different mega-league, you will find they don't need to exit anything, they take over. So it is a Trumpover.
Trump win could mean a trade war globally. If TTIP goes ahead, we shall be second class to EU.
[img]ei.marketwatch.com//Mu…jpg?uuid=661c053c-79bc-11e6-8e86-00137241c023[/img]

Trump lost already according to polls although we know from brexit polls mean jack all.

There would be panic, and a rapid repricing of assets across the world. Expect the dollar’s bull run to end, and the euro to stage a rally; expect a plunge in China, rippling out to the rest of the emerging markets; and expect the price of gold and every other kind of safe haven to soar. It would certainly be dramatic, and possibly ugly as well.

Original Poster

splender

There would be panic, and a rapid repricing of assets across the world. … There would be panic, and a rapid repricing of assets across the world. Expect the dollar’s bull run to end, and the euro to stage a rally; expect a plunge in China, rippling out to the rest of the emerging markets; and expect the price of gold and every other kind of safe haven to soar. It would certainly be dramatic, and possibly ugly as well.

Agree i think there would be a collapse probably blamed on Trump but a collapse is probably on the cards sooner or latter just look at Deutsche bank.

I know elections in America can get bizarre, but I can't ever remember anything as bizarre as this one; two old has-beens viciously attacking each other, blindly staggering about the streets - can't remember where they've been far less where they're going - and one of them is going to be hovering over the nuke button soon oO
You could not make it up.

pcangeldust

Trump lost already according to polls although we know from brexit polls … Trump lost already according to polls although we know from brexit polls mean jack all.

The polls did OK on Brexit not perfect but a vast improvement over last year

edit;oh and week is a long time in politics if you hadn't heard
nobody has lost/won anything yet

elections.huffingtonpost.com/pol…ton

elections.huffingtonpost.com/pol…ton

Edited by: "Wongy110" 19th Oct 2016

tryn2help

I know elections in America can get bizarre, but I can't ever remember … I know elections in America can get bizarre, but I can't ever remember anything as bizarre as this one; two old has-beens viciously attacking each other, blindly staggering about the streets - can't remember where they've been far less where they're going - and one of them is going to be hovering over the nuke button soon oOYou could not make it up.

nuke whom?

Original Poster

tryn2help

I know elections in America can get bizarre, but I can't ever remember … I know elections in America can get bizarre, but I can't ever remember anything as bizarre as this one; two old has-beens viciously attacking each other, blindly staggering about the streets - can't remember where they've been far less where they're going - and one of them is going to be hovering over the nuke button soon oOYou could not make it up.

I was in total astonishment before the 2nd debate when Trump was sat next to the four alleged victims of the Clintons doing a press conference.

Though at the moment, Clinton is set to win in the Electoral College projected votes.

Trump wont get enough votes hillary will become president Trump will blame media say the process is rigged,Hillary will get to choose justices on the supreme court which will give her the balance of the supreme court which before was equally balanced,This will change america for generations on upcoming policy to come this is one of the main reasons republicans are scared of losing.
Also there will be at least 60 millon americans who wont be very happy.
Edited by: "archer1204" 19th Oct 2016

CookinBat

nuke whom?

Oh, I dunno, CB, maybe anybody who steps on their lawn, plays music too loud, drives too fast, has long hair etc etc

. . . . . just the usual stuff that older folks tend to get a bit cranky about. oO

archer1204

Trump wont get enough votes hillary will become president Trump will … Trump wont get enough votes hillary will become president Trump will blame media say the process is rigged,Hillary will get to choose justices on the supreme court which will give her the balance of the supreme court which before was equally balanced,This will change america for generations on upcoming policy to come this is one of the main reasons republicans are scared of losing.

They are not happy about the strong possibility of losing congress either

Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't.

They're both very dangerous, Trump is the safer option though.

archer1204

Trump wont get enough votes hillary will become president Trump will … Trump wont get enough votes hillary will become president Trump will blame media say the process is rigged,Hillary will get to choose justices on the supreme court which will give her the balance of the supreme court which before was equally balanced,This will change america for generations on upcoming policy to come this is one of the main reasons republicans are scared of losing.Also there will be at least 60 millon americans who wont be very happy.

Trump does come across as mental, but I have to say I don't ever recall an entire establishment attacking a candidate as much as they have attacked him - and the way they have attacked him - I'm struggling to find anything to compare it to.

Heres a quick breakdown on the supreme court issue why its so crucial
aljazeera.com/new…tml

I believe if the democrats had voted anyone else then they would be even further ahead its just they chose clinton who is hated and mistrusted by so many people.

If you watched the last debate The way Trump was literally prowling around behind her while she was talking http://100feed.com/temp/resized/medium_2016-10-14-6107f5d3fa.jpg
http://horror.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/hillary-clinton-ellen-donald-trump-stalked-debate-3-790x458.jpg

shauneco

Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. They're both very dangerous, Trump … Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. They're both very dangerous, Trump is the safer option though.

Not much of an option; either the Grinch or Cruella
Hundreds of millions of Yanks and these two are the best they could come up with?
Flippin heck, they have got to be kidding us.

God save us.

Edited by: "tryn2help" 20th Oct 2016

tryn2help

Not much of an option; either the Grinch or Cruella :(Hundreds of … Not much of an option; either the Grinch or Cruella :(Hundreds of millions of Yanks and these two are the best they could come up with? :{Flippin heck, they have got to be kidding us.God save us.

It's ok we nearly ended up with Boris.!, Imagine Boris and Trump.!.

tryn2help

Not much of an option; either the Grinch or Cruella :(Hundreds of … Not much of an option; either the Grinch or Cruella :(Hundreds of millions of Yanks and these two are the best they could come up with? :{Flippin heck, they have got to be kidding us.God save us.

This is real life and not a virtual reality show

Overall it all comes down to florida if he doesnt win florida its game over

I think the comparison between Trump and Brexit is entirely superficial. If the referendum vote had been to decide whether or not Farage should replace Cameron as PM, I think we would have had a very different result.

Then again, maybe not...

Talking of Farage, what on earth does he think he's doing? He seems to have done a Blair and let his recent success go straight to his head. Not doing himself any favours trying to defend the Donald.

archer1204

This is real life and not a virtual reality show

Scary . . . . and desperately sad.

Heres an example from the Trump side ie one of his sons
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvKthuGXYAALdzi.jpg:large

I don't like Trump although some of his policies seem OK it's the way he words them

But I f...... hate Hillary Clinton and as there's no realistic other choice Trump would get my vote

In this instance it's better the devil you don't know than the devil you do know

And as for the media and it's political bias we suffer the same here daily if not hourly - sadly some Americans only have sufficient intelligence to believe what the media says
Mark Dice (Youtube channel) has proven many many times the lack of intelligence within the American population yet those people who fail basic understanding will be the same people who will follow what the media tell them

Sad times for America

3guesses

I think the comparison between Trump and Brexit is entirely superficial. … I think the comparison between Trump and Brexit is entirely superficial. If the referendum vote had been to decide whether or not Farage should replace Cameron as PM, I think we would have had a very different result.Then again, maybe not...Talking of Farage, what on earth does he think he's doing? He seems to have done a Blair and let his recent success go straight to his head. Not doing himself any favours trying to defend the Donald.

He has done a 'uturn' and disowned him

thewongwing101

He has done a 'uturn' and disowned him

Wongy you a bit behind the times he did but i believe he is back in his corner today

tryn2help

Trump does come across as mental, but I have to say I don't ever recall … Trump does come across as mental, but I have to say I don't ever recall an entire establishment attacking a candidate as much as they have attacked him - and the way they have attacked him - I'm struggling to find anything to compare it to.

They don't like him for lots of reasons(mainly because he is mad as a basket of Hopkins)
but I for one still don't see him as 'anti-establishment' he has billions upon billions not a penny of which he has earnt

archer1204

Wongy you a bit behind the times he did but i believe he is back in his … Wongy you a bit behind the times he did but i believe he is back in his corner today

Really ? Farage backing Mr Rapey again ? !
says a lot tbh

mainly because he is mad as a basket of Hopkins let me google that one never heard that one before

Original Poster

You can not make this stuff up right now i am watching Bill Clinton's so called son doing a press conference demanding a DNA test or he will file a law suit.

http://www.eurweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/DanneyWilliams-BillClinton.jpg

Edited by: "burningmoney77" 20th Oct 2016

In America the voting system is different. Even if Hillary Clinton gets the majority of votes 51%+, that doesn't mean Trump can't win. Some states have more of a say than others. It's not the majority that decides (odd I know).

Just under an hour to go whos staying up

KM4353

In America the voting system is different. Even if Hillary Clinton gets … In America the voting system is different. Even if Hillary Clinton gets the majority of votes 51%+, that doesn't mean Trump can't win. Some states have more of a say than others. It's not the majority that decides (odd I know).

Do you agree about florida

thewongwing101

Really ? Farage backing Mr Rapey again ? !says a lot tbh

look whos about to go on Fox news with his fans behind him
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvK20j8XgAEDnvM.jpg

tryn2help

Not much of an option; either the Grinch or Cruella:(Hundreds of millions … Not much of an option; either the Grinch or Cruella:(Hundreds of millions of Yanks and these two are the best they could come up with? :{Flippin heck, they have got to be kidding us.God save us.

It is all about money over there(and increasingly here) whoever has the most wins

under 30 minutes to go

Unfortunately a little late and my eyes are suffering from conjunctivitis otherwise it would be interesting to see these two battle it out.

roadie

Unfortunately a little late and my eyes are suffering from conjunctivitis … Unfortunately a little late and my eyes are suffering from conjunctivitis otherwise it would be interesting to see these two battle it out.

yeah i know what you mean but i will be able to sleep on the coach to london later this morning

archer1204

yeah i know what you mean but i will be able to sleep on the coach to … yeah i know what you mean but i will be able to sleep on the coach to london later this morning

Ah that's fair enough. I have to be up at 7ish. Lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland1232
    2. Happy Bandi Chorr Diwas and Happy Diwali!88
    3. Coming up to bonfire night ...2339
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247605

See more discussions