Finally got a delivery slot - with Asda

Posted 8th Apr
I'm lucky in that I can Work from Home, unfurloughed, full time. But.... I can't get out to get any shopping. To my utter surpirse i'm actually listed as a key worker by my company (and according to Govt guidelines) but nothing front line at all. My wife is Asthmatic and obvs we don't want to chance it going out to the shops (or me brining anything home that's not on the shopping list!)
We've never used home delivery shopping before and since the lockdown we've been trynig to get a slot with all the major delivery shops. Tesco, forget it. Ocado, back of the list, Sainsburys, jog on. Basically 'existing customers' are getting a preference, not those who have to work from home during the week and can't get in a queue for hours at a time. And don't want to really either. SO after 2 weeks of hunting my Mrs got a delivery slot for next week from Asda. Almost exciting.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

15 Comments
Now you just have to hope they have what you want in stock!!
darlodge08/04/2020 09:40

Now you just have to hope they have what you want in stock!!

Aint that right. It's a week away!!!
Congrats on your delivery slot
I couldn't get a delivery from Tesco for nearly 4 weeks, but it should be arriving on Monday.
As for getting another slot, there is no chance.
What has really peeded me off with Tesco is that they haven't prioritised deliveries for people who have been paying for their Delivery Saver Plan.
I've been paying for a long time, but they don't care.
And now they're saying "come back into the stores"
bbc.co.uk/new…912
Crustysock08/04/2020 09:46

I couldn't get a delivery from Tesco for nearly 4 weeks, but it should be …I couldn't get a delivery from Tesco for nearly 4 weeks, but it should be arriving on Monday.As for getting another slot, there is no chance.What has really peeded me off with Tesco is that they haven't prioritised deliveries for people who have been paying for their Delivery Saver Plan.I've been paying for a long time, but they don't care.

I'm not really sure they should at a time like this. They should be issuing refunds though or extending the plan dates after everything is back to normal.
keemyb08/04/2020 12:24

I'm not really sure they should at a time like this. They should be …I'm not really sure they should at a time like this. They should be issuing refunds though or extending the plan dates after everything is back to normal.

I had a partial refund yesterday.
You are a bit up your own behind?

"Basically 'existing customers' are getting a preference, not those who have to work from home during the week and can't get in a queue for hours at a time."

Both key workers, young kids, I still go to work, OH works partly home part office.
We don't get preferential treatment and guess what, still manage to go to a shop.
After checking all supermarkets for delivery slots at numerous times during the day for the last 2 weeks. I have finally got a click & collect for next week.
It’s only with thanks to hot deals, who posted it that slots were available.
AMaky08/04/2020 13:10

You are a bit up your own behind?"Basically 'existing customers' are …You are a bit up your own behind?"Basically 'existing customers' are getting a preference, not those who have to work from home during the week and can't get in a queue for hours at a time."Both key workers, young kids, I still go to work, OH works partly home part office.We don't get preferential treatment and guess what, still manage to go to a shop.

Nicely put. Missing the point that my OH is Asthmatic so any interaction I have would put her at Risk.
It was an observation, not an insult on anyone.
Thanks for playing though
mrew4208/04/2020 13:18

Nicely put. Missing the point that my OH is Asthmatic so any interaction I …Nicely put. Missing the point that my OH is Asthmatic so any interaction I have would put her at Risk.It was an observation, not an insult on anyone.Thanks for playing though

my OH is on a higher risk group too but guess what, needs must.
❄❄❄
AMaky08/04/2020 13:57

my OH is on a higher risk group too but guess what, needs …my OH is on a higher risk group too but guess what, needs must.❄❄❄

If having concern for my families welfare and wanting to stick to Government advice makes me a snowflake then you better get your shovel out. Needs must indeed.
mrew4208/04/2020 14:09

If having concern for my families welfare and wanting to stick to …If having concern for my families welfare and wanting to stick to Government advice makes me a snowflake then you better get your shovel out. Needs must indeed.

shopping for food is allowed.
but thanks for your kind wishes lol
AMaky08/04/2020 14:24

shopping for food is allowed.but thanks for your kind wishes lol

Not saying it's not allowed, where did I say that?
And thanks for the 'insults'
We're all high risk!!!... No one can currently say you will definitely survive Co19.
Edited by: "mxer450" 8th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions