jumped into pool then realise mobile was in my pocket

warranty probably wont cover it but hopefully will dry up and live again

17 Comments

jumped into pool then realise mobile was in my pocket

how old are you?

Banned

black gerbil1;5980298

how old are you?

+1 i did that once, was in greece, went into swimming pool forgot phone was in pocket luckily i didnt go alway in lol had a k800i then :whistling:

You went to the pool already wearing your shorts?

Hope you remembered to take dry ones too!
(I once forgot:oops:)

First thing to do with wet gadgets is take the battery out as its the current passing through wet circuits causes a lot of the damage, then remove as much of the casing as is possible, now you can try to rinse with distilled water if you wish before placing in a bag full of rice and leaving in a warmish place to absorb as much water as possible.

Finally you cross your fingers and keep them crossed for a couple of weeks, don't be tempted to try putting the battery in and trying after a few days, be patient, leave as long as possible.

OMG -That sounds exactly like something i would do (im both clumsy an forgetful).

Hopefully it will dry up and be back working. In the past my mums either went in the washing machine or fell into the sink (it was one of the two). We thougt it was a gonner but in any case we took the phone apart, left it out to dry for a few days and we were very surprised when it was working like normal.

Can i ask how much you paid for it?

dont think warranty will cover it
was it any good before it died? Thinking of getting one myself.
hope it lives again for you.

black gerbil1;5980298

how old are you?

Whats age got to do with it?

Original Poster

black gerbil1;5980298

how old are you?

21 but not very clever

Original Poster

s_paul;5980339

Can i ask how much you paid for it?

150 i think from dixons website

Original Poster

harlzter;5980338

You went to the pool already wearing your shorts?Hope you remembered to … You went to the pool already wearing your shorts?Hope you remembered to take dry ones too!(I once forgot:oops:)First thing to do with wet gadgets is take the battery out as its the current passing through wet circuits causes a lot of the damage, then remove as much of the casing as is possible, now you can try to rinse with distilled water if you wish before placing in a bag full of rice and leaving in a warmish place to absorb as much water as possible.Finally you cross your fingers and keep them crossed for a couple of weeks, don't be tempted to try putting the battery in and trying after a few days, be patient, leave as long as possible.

good advice already removed case and battery but will try rice trick...

thats bad news OP

awwwwww bless!! bet that ruined ur swimming trip!

take it apart and dry it on a radiator. thats what a mate did once!

but harlzters advice sounded the most sensible!!

i was in mexico last month, took my watch off to see if it was waterproof, didnt say if it was or not so asumed it wasnt, about 20 minutes later me and the missus went into the sea to cool down and i thought i could hear somthing beeping, after a couple of minutes i realized i had put the watch back on before entering the water:oops:

lol @ this thread ........... :giggle:

just imagine the panic and shock when he realised what the weight in his pocket was ..... he he

Original Poster

smithyp1;5981280

lol @ this thread ........... :giggle: just imagine the panic and … lol @ this thread ........... :giggle: just imagine the panic and shock when he realised what the weight in his pocket was ..... he he

i took it out my pocket and threw it for some reason into a concrete pillar

MaxYoung;5981435

i took it out my pocket and threw it for some reason into a concrete … i took it out my pocket and threw it for some reason into a concrete pillar

rodney you plonker ........... :thumbsup:

Warranty lol

Why should the Warranty cover it ? Was it a manufacturer's fault ?

If your 50'' Plasma falls into your pool is it covered by warranty ?

lol

maxmix
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I thought the 'Dementia tax' had gone for good,apparently not.819
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769457
    3. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)98197
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet1946

See more discussions