Found 26th Dec 2009
Gutted. Thing is it just seems a bit ironic that ive just updated the 360's new software cos PES10 was asking me to. Halfway thru the game it freezes prompting the only solution to unplug. When I plugged it back in I got RROD.

I heard that its cos of overheating etc, but id say I only play on it an hours max per week. Yes the console is around 3 years old, but its not taken any real hammer.

Anything I can do?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
15 Comments

Anything I can do?

Cry?

if its around 3 years old send it back

If its less than 3 years old m$ will fix it for free

Original Poster

t0mm;7332921

if its around 3 years old send it back

to M$? whats the fee for fixing?

weird thing is, just unplugged the power brick & its powered back on after several attempts.

happy for the mo.....

Original Poster

EDIT - gone again!!

lanc_red;7332946

to M$? whats the fee for fixing? weird thing is, just unplugged the power … to M$? whats the fee for fixing? weird thing is, just unplugged the power brick & its powered back on after several attempts. happy for the mo.....

if its under 3 years its free. if not, £70 - worthwhile to buy a new one.

The home fix-kits (ebay) are worth a go, but rarely last more than a couple of months

teambintip;7332989

The home fix-kits (ebay) are worth a go, but rarely last more than a … The home fix-kits (ebay) are worth a go, but rarely last more than a couple of months

Suprisingly on that note, i fixed one of my friends last february, and it's been used 3+ hours a day and been strong ever since.

lanc_red;7332946

to M$? whats the fee for fixing? weird thing is, just unplugged the power … to M$? whats the fee for fixing? weird thing is, just unplugged the power brick & its powered back on after several attempts. happy for the mo.....

If its within 3 years since the manufacture date on the back of the console then 3 red lights is a free repair. Start the process now, if its shown the lights they will come up again. get it fixed while it still has the extended 3 red lights waranty

Original Poster

gutted mfr date: 2006-03-04

Jetpac;7333138

If its within 3 years since the manufacture date on the back of the … If its within 3 years since the manufacture date on the back of the console then 3 red lights is a free repair. Start the process now, if its shown the lights they will come up again. get it fixed while it still has the extended 3 red lights waranty

Think its actually 3 years from purchase date.

Pavers;7333327

Think its actually 3 years from purchase date.

Only if you have the original reciept, which after 3 years is probably highly unlikely :P

Original Poster

yes was purchased in April 06 cos it was for my bday. gonna try the xclamp thing first. Anyone recommend a seller or look for anything in particular?

Jetpac;7333342

Only if you have the original reciept, which after 3 years is probably … Only if you have the original reciept, which after 3 years is probably highly unlikely :P

I kept mine in a file as I bought the Call of Duty package which was old stock and they had just introduced the RROD 3 year warranty extension. Lucky I did as it packed up a few months back:whistling:

having similar problem, intermittent sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
Bought kids a new one for xmas but every time we run the old one it works.
New one still in it's box.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Does any kind person have one spare sweet Sunday's code?11
    2. putting dry clean only through washing machne1112
    3. BBC4 Vietnam War76
    4. amazon echo idiots guide58

See more discussions