Financial Advisor

Found 29th Dec 2017
Any recommendations for a suitable financial advisor who can assist with making head or tail of a number of pension schemes (some final salary) and advise about combining some?

Ideally someone who can do this in one session and be done with it.
Any idea what these people tend to charge?
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Have a read from link. It can be hit or miss if you just pick anyone, but there are good advisers about. You also need to think about any advice you get before you act. moneysavingexpert.com/savings/best-financial-advisers
Edited by: "wayners" 29th Dec 2017
wayners1 m ago

Have a read from link. It can be hit or miss if you just pick anyone, but …Have a read from link. It can be hit or miss if you just pick anyone, but there are good ones about. You also need to think about any advice you get before you act. moneysavingexpert.com/savings/best-financial-advisers

Bingo!
Edited by: "LemonHead" 29th Dec 2017
Snap you mean
we use sjp.co.uk for financial advice. not cheap on comission but have made our money back plus loads more. see if they have an advisor in your local area. been using them for about 10 years now.
Edited by: "discozohan" 29th Dec 2017
The government has a website called pensionwise
how many do you have and what are your reasons for combining them?
discozohan2 h, 59 m ago

we use sjp.co.uk for financial advice. not cheap on comission but have …we use sjp.co.uk for financial advice. not cheap on comission but have made our money back plus loads more. see if they have an advisor in your local area. been using them for about 10 years now.

SJP are well known in the financial services industry for being high cost fee wise I’m afraid in comparison to value you can get elsewhere and not very transparent about costs either.
Edited by: "bluep" 29th Dec 2017
bluep32 m ago

SJP are well known in the financial services industry for being high cost …SJP are well known in the financial services industry for being high cost fee wise I’m afraid in comparison to value you can get elsewhere and not very transparent about costs either.

yeah I know that but they've served us well, and continuing too, otherwise I'd have moved a long time ago.
discozohan49 m ago

yeah I know that but they've served us well, and continuing too, otherwise …yeah I know that but they've served us well, and continuing too, otherwise I'd have moved a long time ago.

Cool. Glad you are happy with what they’ve advised
Anyone wanna take a guess at how much a financial advisor might charge for a session?
Uranus29th Dec 2017

Anyone wanna take a guess at how much a financial advisor might charge for …Anyone wanna take a guess at how much a financial advisor might charge for a session?

I don't know, but if you have the time (and inclination) it's probably better to go over to MSE, ask for advice there, and do it all yourself. Finding a good IFA can be hit and miss. I personally would not take the chance unless you are wealthy enough that you can speak to a few advisors and then compare. Even then I'd be tempted to go to MSE to unbiased opinions on the advice that I'd paid for.
I eventually ended up using a website recommended by my current pensions provider:
unbiased.co.uk

Had a couple of people ring me back and gave me some free initial advice on the phone which proved to be useful and has prepared me for the next actions I need to take.
It is likely I will be going back to one of these people for a paid consultation, but I feel I am in a much better place now.

As the people calling you back through that site are local to you, your mileage may vary.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants