Financial Ombudsman Service

Posted 16th Apr
Has anyone ever used the FOS and had a great result?
I feel my insurance company has messed me around over a building claim after 10 months of messing around and gone back on the initial promise of completing a fix.

I appreciate they can do that, jesus they seem To have a caveat to get out of anything If they chose.

I feel really aggrieved and don't feel I've been treated fairly at all.

I've approached them for an explanation but other than undertaken the agreed work I am not going to be happy.

Sorry to sound like rather moany but the little guy seems to have no chance against the mighty goliath of a well known insurance company.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Most ombudsman schemes are a complete waste of time and money, they'll probably end up causing you more frustration and anger with their own incompetence and inability to actually achieve a logical and fair outcome.
I complained about MBNA.

Not a relative big issue, but I had time spare so I thought feck it. Why not.

Ombudsman ruled in my favour.

Demanded MBNA paid me c£1500.

Nothing todo with PPI ect.
Sorry to sound thick what is mbna?
Bargaintastic3012 m ago

I've approached them for an explanation but other than undertaken the …I've approached them for an explanation but other than undertaken the agreed work I am not going to be happy.

Quick summary: make formal complaint to ins co. Ins co has 8 wks to provide some flowery response. If you're still not happy with the flowers, then take the ins co's final response to FOS.
Reasonably sure FOS won't want to know until the ins co's formal complaint / grivance procedure has been exhausted.
I filled complaint against three to ombudsman. Three messed up my broadband contract. Decision was made in my favour. Got everything I wanted and compensation .
Thank you all for your comments you have given me some hope that I may get some form of victory no matter how small.
Ombudsman are worth going to if you have a well documented case.
Useless for me. Their own advisor told me it was mostly a waste of time as it most cases they just agree with the insurance company and I'd have to wait 3-6 months for the outcome. Fast forward 3 months and they just said we agree with the insurance company.
As others have said the FOS were a complete waste of time and failed to understand a good solid legal argument that went on to win as the insurance company (Esure) settled a few days before court.
It did seem to me these guys write their own codes of conduct completely ignoring the law, possibly the FOS get paid no matter which way the complaint is decided.
Given it took about 5 months to go thru the complaints procedure with Esure then get a final decision from the FOS it really added to the time it took to go to court.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions