Groups

Find me a bike please

Ok after trawling around town today looking for a bike i havent a clue what kind to get so im hoping the kind people on here will find one for me. (yes i did post a request in fs/ft but no offers there so hoping putting it here will get me an ans lol)

My requirements

1. I need it for cycling 8-10 miles 3-4times a week to and from work and approx 15miles on my sunday cycle
    2. Im 5ft 8 so hope that helps with size of bike i need
    3. Must be in the region of 100 pounds (150 at the very most)
    4. must be able to be delivered or bought in belfast.

Thanks in advance

10 Comments

Have you tried local ebay adverts? I got a £400 Claud Butler bike last year for £50.............

Original Poster

donnydude;2228742

Have you tried local ebay adverts? I got a £400 Claud Butler bike last … Have you tried local ebay adverts? I got a £400 Claud Butler bike last year for £50.............

my only problem with ebay is how would i know if i was getting ripped off or not cos i have no clue on bikes

jtx;2228764

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Category.aspx/TruHome/TruBikesWheeledGoods/TruBikesWheeledGoodsMens/TruBikesWheeledGoodsMens26InchWheel?ref=TruHome%2fTruBikesWheeledGoods

Im female does that make a difference but if it doesnt do you know if these bikes are any good?:thumbsup:

post the item number here and maybe a few members can help.

Dont buy one from toyrus they are cr4p usually.

Buy a decent make such as trek,specialized,giant etc

Original Poster

ok il look later and post item numbers here so people can help me chose

allstar2;2228851

my only problem with ebay is how would i know if i was getting ripped off … my only problem with ebay is how would i know if i was getting ripped off or not cos i have no clue on bikesIm female does that make a difference but if it doesnt do you know if these bikes are any good?:thumbsup:

Sorry I just presumed:oops: They seem ok to me we bought some last year and theyre still perfect:thumbsup:

Ladies bikes here

toysrus.co.uk/Cat…ods

Well you dont get much for £100 new, so you need to be looking for a second hand one. Look in the local paper, newsagent window and try gumtree. This seems good, gumtree belfast ref: 23910714. Yes its a mens bike but as its only an 18" frame and I guess most of your time will be on road this will be fine for you.

Or ref: 23733236. Not sure of size you would have to phone to check.

dont go to toys r us i got a bike of them and tried to return it and now im having to go to the small claims court now to get my money back

How about this

]http//ww…676

It's a mens 16" which should be o.k.

Free delivery to Uk & Ireland, and if it's not suitable you only need to return it to Ballyclare, where they're based.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …280967
      2. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp12
      3. What is there free to do in your town?37
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635

See more discussions