find the age of my boiler ?

8 replies
Found 1st Oct 2016
I have a chaffoteaux & maury mx2 24 ff ( I know ....) but not sure if the age but need it to aquire home emergency cover. Not really sure how to find the age looked on google but no luck .

1. Ask
  2. Boiler
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Boiler
8 Comments

Does it matter ? I thought it be covered unless they can't source the parts. My boiler is 20 years old and it's covered except for the main board and heat exchanger.

It was manufactured between 2003 and 2007. So somewhere between 9 and 13 years old.

take the casing off the boiler and on the inside should be a sticker with the date

Original Poster

kester76

Does it matter ? I thought it be covered unless they can't source the … Does it matter ? I thought it be covered unless they can't source the parts. My boiler is 20 years old and it's covered except for the main board and heat exchanger.

if you look at the small print british gas and some other comapnies do not cover old boilers

NewYellowFour

if you look at the small print british gas and some other comapnies do … if you look at the small print british gas and some other comapnies do not cover old boilers

​British gas cover mine except for the parts they can't buy anymore. Ideal logic 1996

kester76

​British gas cover mine except for the parts they can't buy anymore. I … ​British gas cover mine except for the parts they can't buy anymore. Ideal logic 1996

BG won't try very hard to source the parts, if it's not stocked in their spares hub they won't find it... unless you kick up a fuss.

themorgatron

BG won't try very hard to source the parts, if it's not stocked in their … BG won't try very hard to source the parts, if it's not stocked in their spares hub they won't find it... unless you kick up a fuss.

Doesn't matter too much as I'm having the boiler replaced with a logic vogue+ on the 15th. Still working strong but pretty rough looking now

If you love her, does age matter? X)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54315414
    2. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861868
    3. word association Game74244894
    4. Coming up to bonfire night ...2128

See more discussions