Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Finding city break for Christmas

Posted 9th Nov
hi,

im trying to find a city break for 2/3 nights at the end of December, any ideas? websites want you to put a destination in but im not bothered what the destination is as long as its in Europe.

Adam
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

23 Comments
You must have some kind of preference. Do you want to go somewhere for shopping or maybe somewhere for sightseeing? Somewhere quick and easy to get too or maybe a little further away? Do you want a big bustling metropolitan city of somewhere a little quieter? Just saying that you aren't bothered about where you go as long as it's in Europe means that that you might as well just stick a pin on a map and go there.
Haircut_10009/11/2019 20:42

You must have some kind of preference. Do you want to go somewhere for …You must have some kind of preference. Do you want to go somewhere for shopping or maybe somewhere for sightseeing? Somewhere quick and easy to get too or maybe a little further away? Do you want a big bustling metropolitan city of somewhere a little quieter? Just saying that you aren't bothered about where you go as long as it's in Europe means that that you might as well just stick a pin on a map and go there.

Just an eu country, no preference other than a good deal. Dates 26-29th December.
Try Skyscanner it's got an everywhere in Europe option..
Just in case you like a cruise....Cruise and Maritime voyages are offering some European trips into places like Amsterdam, Germany and Belgium. Iglu are an agent offering discounted rates
grave_sow09/11/2019 20:50

Just an eu country, no preference other than a good deal. Dates 26-29th …Just an eu country, no preference other than a good deal. Dates 26-29th December.

Well if you aren't that fussed where you go then the usual popular destinations for short city 2 or 3 day city breaks are Paris, Amsterdam, Bruges, Brussels, Berlin, Prague, Dublin, Hamburg, etc.
Haircut_10009/11/2019 21:20

Well if you aren't that fussed where you go then the usual popular …Well if you aren't that fussed where you go then the usual popular destinations for short city 2 or 3 day city breaks are Paris, Amsterdam, Bruges, Brussels, Berlin, Prague, Dublin, Hamburg, etc.

Erm... Krakow?
See how much flights to Krakow are OP, that's the best place at Christmas I'd say.
deeky09/11/2019 21:21

Erm... Krakow?

Yep, there are plenty of other cities for short breaks, I just listed a few of the first ones that came to mind but there are many, many others.
Aberdeen
Flights to Poland are usually cheap. We have been to Warsaw (old town) , Krakow, Gdansk and Wroclaw . All are good, food and drinks cheap , plenty to see and do, easy to get from the airports by public transport, accommodation cheap and the Christmas markets will still be on. Off to Wroclaw next month , flights were £12.50 each way with only small bag and no trimmings on Wizz.Apartment, £80 for 3 nights (eBookers). On Skyscanner just choose an airport you want to fly from and choose 'anywhere ' as the destination and it will list countries in price order. Just click on the country you fancy to see the options.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 10th Nov
Thanks everyone, just wondering if anyone has seen any deals.
Depending on where you go you may find a lot of things closed so it’s worth doing some research before you book.
grave_sow10/11/2019 08:04

People won’t ordinarily see deals unless they are looking for them themselves, since holiday deals can change by the minute (even second) that’s a really big ask at a time when less people go away on holidays unless it’s to see family.
grave_sow10/11/2019 08:04

You've not even told us where you want to fly from. Often there are deals posted but the price often depends on the airport you want to fly from. On Groupon type city break deals it can cost 50% more to fly from Manchester than say Stansted.
yorkie1210/11/2019 13:06

You've not even told us where you want to fly from. Often there are deals …You've not even told us where you want to fly from. Often there are deals posted but the price often depends on the airport you want to fly from. On Groupon type city break deals it can cost 50% more to fly from Manchester than say Stansted.

London all, Birmingham or Bristol
Krakow or Berlin I'd recommend, been to both and they're amazing cities
grave_sow10/11/2019 13:37

London all, Birmingham or Bristol

Can't see any cheap flights over the Christmas / New Year period , only ones under £100 seem to be Dublin. Don't give up though things can change.
cmdr_elito10/11/2019 08:58

Depending on where you go you may find a lot of things closed so it’s w …Depending on where you go you may find a lot of things closed so it’s worth doing some research before you book.

yorkie1210/11/2019 13:06

You've not even told us where you want to fly from. Often there are deals …You've not even told us where you want to fly from. Often there are deals posted but the price often depends on the airport you want to fly from. On Groupon type city break deals it can cost 50% more to fly from Manchester than say Stansted.

cmdr_elito10/11/2019 09:00

People won’t ordinarily see deals unless they are looking for them t …People won’t ordinarily see deals unless they are looking for them themselves, since holiday deals can change by the minute (even second) that’s a really big ask at a time when less people go away on holidays unless it’s to see family.

I kind of feel like we are doing all the work here for the OP. You'd have thought that most people would really enjoy planning a trip away, looking up different places they might want to go away to or seeing what trips they could find for their budget or dates available. If the Op doesn't really seem to care then I do wonder a little what the point actually is.
i just asked if anyone knows any deals at the end of December for a few days away somewhere in Europe. I dont care where it is. I dont have time to go on booking.com and search every city in Europe for a deal. Since asking i found an app called lucky trip. So ill stick with that as you just put dates in and it searches all eu cities. Found krakow £110 pp 26th-29th December inc flights and a 1 bed apartment.

Im not the type of person who really wants to visit somewhere, just anywhere is good.

Thanks to people who suggested places.
Haircut_10010/11/2019 19:44

I kind of feel like we are doing all the work here for the OP. You'd have …I kind of feel like we are doing all the work here for the OP. You'd have thought that most people would really enjoy planning a trip away, looking up different places they might want to go away to or seeing what trips they could find for their budget or dates available. If the Op doesn't really seem to care then I do wonder a little what the point actually is.

Yep.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants