Found 7th May 2009
I've had something sent to me via DHL and it was sent with DHL. DHL state it may take 24-48 hours to arrive. The item was sent on friday and there is still no sign of it today.

The problem is that the person who sent it won't now reply to my emails so I can't get a tracking number.

So what I wanted to know, is there any way to find out from DHL if there's any post for me in their system if I give them my name/address or will they completely disregard this under data protection act (or something similar)?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
35 Comments

No tracking number, no chance, Sorry. I've tried in the past with them. . .

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]was it something from ebay? or paid with via paypal?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Original Poster

I payed by paypal, so as far as I know if someone can't supply a tracking number then paypal will return my money. Is that right?

ChrisRX;5145863

I payed by paypal, so as far as I know if someone can't supply a tracking … I payed by paypal, so as far as I know if someone can't supply a tracking number then paypal will return my money. Is that right?

As long as it wasn't Paypal Gift :thumbsup:

ChrisRX;5145863

I payed by paypal, so as far as I know if someone can't supply a tracking … I payed by paypal, so as far as I know if someone can't supply a tracking number then paypal will return my money. Is that right?

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]hi,
yes thats right in most cases.

if i was you i would go to your paypal account and open a non received item in resolution centre, this should ensure you get a reply from seller..
in my experience most sellers reply almost immediatly to paypal[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

xsazzyjayx;5145915

As long as it wasn't Paypal Gift :thumbsup:

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]:thinking:Hmm forgot about that..if someone wnats payment by paypal gift off me..i usually offer to pay the fee's to them and pay via reg paypal..safer..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Original Poster

Yeah that's what I did. They wanted the money as gift but i payed a couple extra quid and marked it as an item.

ChrisRX;5146027

Yeah that's what I did. They wanted the money as gift but i payed a … Yeah that's what I did. They wanted the money as gift but i payed a couple extra quid and marked it as an item.

Well as long as you used regular Paypal and paid fees you should be able to open a dispute...was it an item bought on here?

wend;5145990

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]if i was you i would go to … [FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]if i was you i would go to your paypal account and open a non received item in resolution centre, this should ensure you get a reply from seller..in my experience most sellers reply almost immediatly to paypal[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Magenta"]Defo do as above, i would do it now, then if no reply in 24 hours, escalate to a claim..:thumbsup:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Original Poster

How do i know if i'm filing a claim or just a resolution thingy, it says I'm filing a dispute, is this right?

ChrisRX;5146139

How do i know if i'm filing a claim or just a resolution thingy, it says … How do i know if i'm filing a claim or just a resolution thingy, it says I'm filing a dispute, is this right?

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]yep thats fine

once that is done, when you go back to it tomorrow, you'll have option of closing case ..DON@T untill you have item and happy with it...or escalating to claim,,,yes..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Gotta go now, kids in then off shopping to Liverpool one with daughter..

good luck, let me know how you get on..:thumbsup:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Original Poster

I've got this from paypal

Your seller is currently unable to respond to this dispute. By escalating … Your seller is currently unable to respond to this dispute. By escalating your dispute to a claim, you are asking PayPal to review the case and decide the outcome.PayPal will review the transaction details and may contact you for additional information. We will make every effort to resolve this claim within thirty days.PayPal will review your communication with the seller and may contact you for additional information. We'll make every effort to reach a decision within 30 days.If this claim is decided in your favour, PayPal will make every effort to recover funds from the seller. We will investigate this matter fairly and, if you win, recover whatever funds we can.Your seller is currently unable to respond to this dispute. By escalating your dispute to a claim, you are asking PayPal to review the case and decide the outcome.PayPal will review the transaction details and may contact you for additional information. We will make every effort to resolve this claim within thirty days.PayPal will review your communication with the seller and may contact you for additional information. We'll make every effort to reach a decision within 30 days.If this claim is decided in your favour, PayPal will make every effort to recover funds from the seller. We will investigate this matter fairly and, if you win, recover whatever funds we can.

Does that mean he's tried to take my money and run?

ChrisRX;5146230

I've got this from paypalDoes that mean he's tried to take my money and … I've got this from paypalDoes that mean he's tried to take my money and run?

It means Paypal are looking into it and should give a response within 30 days....does seem strange that it has escalated stright to a claim though

xsazzyjayx;5146029

Well as long as you used regular Paypal and paid fees you should be able … Well as long as you used regular Paypal and paid fees you should be able to open a dispute...was it an item bought on here?

Was it?

Original Poster

xsazzyjayx;5146251

It means Paypal are looking into it and should give a response within 30 … It means Paypal are looking into it and should give a response within 30 days....does seem strange that it has escalated stright to a claim though

it was literally the next page when I clicked continue

ChrisRX;5146307

it was literally the next page when I clicked continue

Ok I have asked twice now about whether it was on here or not....

Reason I ask is because on here you should get contact numbers and addresses as per the rules....but on ebay you can request this info to be emailed to you

Original Poster

Oh sorry I thought I answered you first time but just realised I got lost in trying to figure out that paypal message.
Yes it was on here.

ChrisRX;5146686

Oh sorry I thought I answered you first time but just realised I got lost … Oh sorry I thought I answered you first time but just realised I got lost in trying to figure out that paypal message.Yes it was on here.

Please say you got their contact details :-D

Original Poster

I'm an idiot. No I didn't.

ChrisRX;5146763

I'm an idiot. No I didn't.

Just out of interest, was it for a netbook or something else?

You can contact Admin or a Mod to try and get in touch with the seller as a last resort if you're having problems contacting them :thumbsup:

This little thing shows the Mods that are online, you can click on the ones that are online and it takes you to a page to messaage them

hukd.garyrip.com/pm/…706

Original Poster

Yeah it was for a netbook. I think I'll just leave it up to paypal now.

If it is outside of ebay, i think it is the case that you can only claim any money that is in their paypal account, and if it's empty, you get nothing. I don't know if this has changed recently or not.

Original Poster

This is sounding worse by the minute.

peodude;5146845

If it is outside of ebay, i think it is the case that you can only claim … If it is outside of ebay, i think it is the case that you can only claim any money that is in their paypal account, and if it's empty, you get nothing. I don't know if this has changed recently or not.

From the looks of it, it was here (hotukdeals.com/ite…e=2), for a netbook, but on the thread the deal doesn't look finalised. I have passed the thread link to who I think it is aimed at, but without the thread being completed I'm not sure?

But what peodude said is right....if there is no money there, you'll not get anything back unfortunately....but I think they put some sort of restrictions onto the account in question...I could be wrong though, someone else could probably have better advice on this?

Original Poster

Yeah well someone sent me a pm from that thread.

ChrisRX;5146965

Yeah well someone sent me a pm from that thread.

I sent them a PM directing them to here so hopefully you could get this sorted...It's not safe to deal via PM and I think it's against the rules...perhaps you could try asking a mod to contact them on your behalf?

Original Poster

Who did you PM?

ChrisRX;5147032

Who did you PM?

Just PM'd you for obvious privacy reasons :thumbsup:

This is what happens when people deal through PM, All I can hope is that you get your money back because this is the classic case of why we enforce rules on this site as theres no precautions if something goes wrong...

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]normally, if paypal decide in your favour, then you get the money returned to you if they have it in their account, if not they recover it anytime in the future that any funds enter their account..

if they do have funds in their account now, it'll be frozen untill the claim is closed..if they have no funds, then they'll be in the red to paypal[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Original Poster

So if they don't rejoin paypal and have withdrawn the funds then i'll never recover the money?

unfortunately not ...... if they emptied paypal then your stuffed

also just to reitarate ........ never ever deal by pm as your opening a can of worms...... you have no evidence a deal was dealt ....... by sticking to the rules your helping yourself

if paypal don't get your money back then you can start a small claims court injuction at them..... you will need their address / name etc and will cost you £20 but you get that back if you win

Original Poster

Just if anyone cares, I got my money back from paypal today minus about a fiver but I'm not too fussed about that.

Thanks everyone for your help.

ChrisRX;5249308

Just if anyone cares, I got my money back from paypal today minus about a … Just if anyone cares, I got my money back from paypal today minus about a fiver but I'm not too fussed about that. Thanks everyone for your help.

Pleased to hear that :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?89
    2. word association Game74244939
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901
    4. Add one, leave one game54415485

See more discussions