finding posts on hukd JUST GOOGLE IT!

Banned 43 replies
Found 25th Jun 2009
Hopefully the mods won't remove this post as it's the best bit of advice i have received since my old school mate Charlie told me not to date Lisa from year 5 as everyone else he knew had!
Everyone i know who uses this site is frustrated at the appalling search facility on it.
A workmate told me to search for the item or thread you are looking for on google followed by hotukdeals in the google search engine, i have tried this many times and it works perfectly, unlike the search facility on hukd!
Classic example again tonight looking for co-op bank thread, you do an advanced search on here and co-op bank isn't even listed as an option, google it and hey presto!
MODS PLEASE ALLOW USERS TO COMMENT BEFORE REMOVING POST AS IT HIGHLIGHTS ONCE AGAIN YOUR VERY POOR SEARCH FACILITY.
No doubt i will be banned for 24 hours after this post, see you all Saturday!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
43 Comments

lol, I use the same name on a lot of things but changed it for this site. If you type my username in it comes up with all sorts of posts from other forums.... people start stalking you.. The next thing you know they're waiting for you to come home at night. Then you wake up in the morning and find someones been through your bin. Then the phone calls start. Knocks at the door. creepy.

For best results, use the 'site:' option in the search bar:

[search criteria] site:[url]www.hotukdeals.com[/url]

ie

Samsung 40" LCD site:[url]www.hotukdeals.com[/url]

to search a site propery using google

type "site:[url]www.hotukdeals.com[/url] sausages"

google.co.uk/sea…x-a

damn beat me!

oh and btw if they remove this post and ban you they're only trying to cover up their embarrasment.

No doubt i will be banned for 24 hours after this post, see you all … No doubt i will be banned for 24 hours after this post, see you all Saturday!

Have you ever smoked Marijuana?

Original Poster Banned

thesaint;5588868

?

good tip

Original Poster Banned

Abvance;5588890

good tip

All thanks to "the duke"

Google him he is a legend in Bulkington!

Jed Maxwell;5588866

oh and btw if they remove this post and ban you they're only trying to … oh and btw if they remove this post and ban you they're only trying to cover up their embarrasment.

Somehow I doubt anyone would get banned, it's not actually a new topic - there's even been a custom google HUKD search made...

hotukdeals.com/ite…ch/

I find the search on here fine, I don't think people use it right tbh. I always find what is needed

Original Poster Banned

4lyons09;5588971

I find the search on here fine, I don't think people use it right tbh. I … I find the search on here fine, I don't think people use it right tbh. I always find what is needed

Try searching for the co-op bank

thesaint;5588868

get life a

Original Poster Banned

emasu;5588937

Somehow I doubt anyone would get banned, it's not actually a new topic - … Somehow I doubt anyone would get banned, it's not actually a new topic - there's even been a custom google HUKD search made...http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/260536/hukd-help-hotukdeals-google-search/

Sorry i wouldn't have posted this thread if i could have found the post you refer to, i only searched on hukd and not google silly me!

emasu;5588937

Somehow I doubt anyone would get banned, it's not actually a new topic - … Somehow I doubt anyone would get banned, it's not actually a new topic - there's even been a custom google HUKD search made...http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/260536/hukd-help-hotukdeals-google-search/

well I didnt think they would get banned.. you never know.. Some people seem to get banned for next to no reason and other dont..

bulkomuff;5588980

Try searching for the co-op bank

]Coop bank

Now If only people would use google instead of asking inane after inane question on here...

Original Poster Banned

thesaint;5589032

]Coop bank

perhaps you could please explain how you found that without using google?

Goonieman;5589052

Now If only people would use google instead of asking inane after inane … Now If only people would use google instead of asking inane after inane question on here...

True.... but, isn't that what misc is for? Basically anything?

4lyons09;5588971

I find the search on here fine, I don't think people use it right tbh. I … I find the search on here fine, I don't think people use it right tbh. I always find what is needed

+1

bulkomuff;5589067

perhaps you could please explain how you found that without using google?

]
Advanced Search tips

Original Poster Banned

thesaint;5589092

+1]Advanced Search tips

Sorry really can't be bothered to read through that huge thread please explain what search you used. Thanks.

Original Poster Banned

I just found a chicken coop!

bulkomuff;5589135

Sorry really can't be bothered to read through that huge thread please … Sorry really can't be bothered to read through that huge thread please explain what search you used. Thanks.

The clue is in the title Sherlock.

Original Poster Banned

thesaint;5589182

The clue is in the title Sherlock.

Don't understand your post?
Watson?

Original Poster Banned

thesaint;5589092

+1]Advanced Search tips

You have yet to show how you found it yourself.

go to advanced search and in merchant type cooperative

Original Poster Banned

4lyons09;5589247

go to advanced search and in merchant type cooperative

W[URL="co-operativebank.co.uk/ser…355,CFSweb/Page/Bank"]co-operativebank.co.uk/ser…355,CFSweb/Page/Bank[/URL

]Well there you go, not my mistake or ignorance, just a very poorly configured search facility and website as co-op bank if i am not mistaken has a hyphen in it, here is the link.

Original Poster Banned

bulkomuff;5589330

Well there you go, not my mistake or ignorance, just a very poorly … Well there you go, not my mistake or ignorance, just a very poorly configured search facility and website as co-op bank if i am not mistaken has a hyphen in it, here is the link.

It's not the search functions fault then is it. If you look for something that isn't there, then what was it supposed to do?

Original Poster Banned

thesaint;5589365

It's not the search functions fault then is it. If you look for something … It's not the search functions fault then is it. If you look for something that isn't there, then what was it supposed to do?

What!

Talking to a brick wall or what?

I have been using the correct search terms, HUKD IS NOT!

bulkomuff;5589389

What!Talking to a brick wall or what?I have been using the correct search … What!Talking to a brick wall or what?I have been using the correct search terms, HUKD IS NOT!

Don't worry, atleast you now know how to use the search facility.
Another tip if you know what is in a thread I always search word+word and it also shows up :thumbsup: the (+) is the key when searching quickly I find :thumbsup:

bulkomuff;5589389

What!Talking to a brick wall or what?I have been using the correct search … What!Talking to a brick wall or what?I have been using the correct search terms, HUKD IS NOT!

Humans have inputted it wrong. It's nothing to do with the search function.

Let's say I put a pot in "cupboard 1", and tell you to look for it in "cupboard 2". Will you find it? No?
No matter how many times you search cupboard 1, it will never be there.

I used my lateral thinking to find the pot.

thesaint;5589700

Humans have inputted it wrong. It's nothing to do with the search … Humans have inputted it wrong. It's nothing to do with the search function.Let's say I put a pot in "cupboard 1", and tell you to look for it in "cupboard 2". Will you find it? No?No matter how many times you search cupboard 1, it will never be there. I used my lateral thinking to find the pot.

when you find it roll me one, could do with some right now :-D

Original Poster Banned

thesaint;5589700

Humans have inputted it wrong. It's nothing to do with the search … Humans have inputted it wrong. It's nothing to do with the search function.Let's say I put a pot in "cupboard 1", and tell you to look for it in "cupboard 2". Will you find it? No?No matter how many times you search cupboard 1, it will never be there. I used my lateral thinking to find the pot.

I agree totally, humans have inputted it incorrectly, however other humans when searching should not have to think of every which way another human could have originally inputted the info. a good search facility will find it ,especially if for example, i am looking for co-op bank, i expect the 2 letters "co" to produce "co" followed by anything else. co-op, coop, cooperative, etc. etc.

bitseylango;5589727

when you find it roll me one, could do with some right now :-D

Got something better for stress relief.

Jumpingphil;5592512

I thought you put it in cupboard 1. :?

Oh snap!

thesaint;5589700

You analogy is all wrong.

The 'cupboard' is not the search item, it's the location. The POT is the search item.

So you put a pot in a cupboard and ask someone to go get it.

A search engine which uses exact terms will look for 'pot'.

Fuzzy logic would look for anything with 'pot' in the name. Why do you think Google is the most used search engine in the world?

Xb0xGuru;5593188

You analogy is all wrong.

I'll live

Erm... just use hukd.garyrip.com/search... as posted earlier in this thread.

thesaint;5593516

I'll live

Not if you keep taking recreational substances you won't! :whistling:

Xb0xGuru;5593546

Not if you keep taking recreational substances you won't! :whistling:

That would involve taking them in the first place. I haven't.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback trick or treat cashback giveaway23
    2. disneyland paris tickets44
    3. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed433
    4. Amazon deliveries36

See more discussions