Groups

FINISHED FINITO CAPUT EXTINCT GONE DEAD DO NOT REPLYI HAVE 2 RETURN FIRST CLASS RAIL TICKETS FROM MANCHESTER CITY TO THE AIRPORT VALID TILL 11 MARCH

This thread was closed for reasons I dont know why.
    just checked why admin have pulled this not my fault

7 Comments

Pulled it?????? But it's still here :?

Banned

wtf...

Banned

shotgun mine.... the tickets

Silly as there are no personal details on train tickets.

Nice gesture though....so rep for that :thumbsup:

supermod

It was a very nice thing to offer JCLARSSON, but with any tickets or vouchers offered in FS/T we try to find some clarification that transfers are permitted under the T&Cs of the issuing Company in case the recipient finds that they cannot use them, & we couldn't find anything specific relating to this.

Some types of rail ticket do have personal info on them, but if you can find something on the issuing authorities T&Cs saying that they can be transferred we can review the thread of course. And we do appreciate that it was a very nice gesture

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#231f20]From the National Rail Conditions of Carriage[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#231f20]"A ticket may only be used by the person for whom it has been bought. It may not [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=#231f20][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#231f20]be resold or passed on to anyone else unless this is specifically allowed by the [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#231f20]terms and conditions which apply to that ticket and which are set out in the [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#231f20]notices and publications of the relevant Train Company."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]
    [SIZE=2]This is basically because the ticket is the evidence of a contract between you and the train operator and the contract may not be assigned unless that operator has specifically agreed that it may be for a particular type of ticket.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]It does seem a bit silly but I suppose that in the event of some sort of claim (for injury in an accident for example) it would be possible for the operator to claim that they had no responsibility or for the new ticket holder to claim a refund of monies in advance of travel when they had not paid.[/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

A postscript.
    1st class open returns are valid outward on the date shown on the ticket only with return to take place on any day within 1 month. Single tickets are valid on the date shown on the ticket only.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Easyjet - book now or wait?68
      2. Nightmare with BT over Broadband11
      3. Monitor for console gaming reccomendations11
      4. Biscuit addiction815

See more discussions