Fire table

Found 8th Aug
Put my kindle fire tablet on to charge went back to it after 10mins to discover that the usb cable connector had melted .the tablet had melted at connection point Using amazon plug and cable supplied with device .Amazon wants me to send it to their lab in US to be checked out .Do I do this ? meant to be picked up by ups thursday or contact trading standards ?
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
I would send it.

Take photos before sending.

I assume Amazon are paying.

Are they sending a replacement?

The alternative is to 'go public' - best letting them investigate and sort (I'm writing this on my Fire ).

How long have you had it / what version is it?

Have you checked the Amazon recall pages e.g. Voluntary Recall and Exchange Programme for Power Adapters sold with Select Fire Tablets in the United Kingdom and Ireland
Edited by: "HUKDWatcher0309" 8th Aug
There was a issue with Amazon plugs last year or maybe two years ago, they sent me a new plug, but it got delivered to the neighbours but I didn't need another plug so didn't bother collecting it, the friendly neighbours also decided to keep it...
Amazon asked me to e mail pics which I did ,they then asked me to send it, e mailed ups docs reply said after lab tests may ! send replacement .Its 2017 model .ups label address california .have no idea how long postal time or tests will take .have put it in padded envelope for pick up tomorrow .I like my kindle fire so hoping for replacement
Nana146 m ago

Amazon asked me to e mail pics which I did ,they then asked me to send it, …Amazon asked me to e mail pics which I did ,they then asked me to send it, e mailed ups docs reply said after lab tests may ! send replacement .Its 2017 model .ups label address california .have no idea how long postal time or tests will take .have put it in padded envelope for pick up tomorrow .I like my kindle fire so hoping for replacement

What model power supply is it (I'm using PS57CP on my 2017 10 inch model)? The link I posted earlier relates to an earlier 7 inch model.
It is a 7 in Have packed and sealed parcel so cnt check power supply
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants