Groups

Firefox 3 Available Now!

You can download it now from the link below.

85 Comments

link?

Original Poster

Download link: ]http//ww…en/

I wouldnt download it just yet as they havent released it

http://www.mozilla.com/img/firefox-title.png

:?

Thanks

Ta, i'll give it a whirl. If i don't like it i'll just go back.

emasu;2328476

:?

its finished in beta but it doesnt mean the final product is ready so thats why im not gunna download till they announce it

Banned

I tried it but soon went back to version 2 (what a hassle that was!). Most of the addons I use are not compatible with V3. I'll be waiting awhile until these have been updated (e.g. TabMixPlus, foxmarks and most importantly roboform no longer worked).

dandoc2;2328515

its finished in beta but it doesnt mean the final product is ready so … its finished in beta but it doesnt mean the final product is ready so thats why im not gunna download till they announce it

]Clicky.

ScarboroughKID;2328588

]Clicky.

so its today but doesnt say when its released - be usa time like mid day or something

So far Mozilla has not said exactly when on 17 June the attempt to break … So far Mozilla has not said exactly when on 17 June the attempt to break the record will begin."There is actually no record for the greatest amount of software downloaded in one day, so for 24 hours from the moment we push the bits live, that's when the countdown starts," he said.

Original Poster

dandoc2;2328453

I wouldnt download it just yet as they havent released it

Same here but i just thought i'd put the link up for those who do want it. I installed it when it was in Beta and you're right, all of the add-on's were incompatible so i'm waiting for the full release.

hypnoticstate;2328625

Same here but i just thought i'd put the link up for those who do want … Same here but i just thought i'd put the link up for those who do want it. I installed it when it was in Beta and you're right, all of the add-on's were incompatible so i'm waiting for the full release.

ok yer ty anyways

it any diff???

try engadget.com best tech news

Original Poster

jackt010;2328663

try engadget.com best tech news

Yeh, that's where i got the news from. Great site.

I've never been a fan of Firefox but i'm willing to give it one last chance.. I think Opera is much simpler, to the point, userfriendly and flexible.. But then again its a personal choice.

can anyone tell me if its better then firefox 2? i dont want to install 3 and find out its **** lol

Your download only count towards the world record if you use a normal http download from the official firefox website (getfirefox.com/ will redirect you there). Also, updating your old Firefox doesn't count, you have to do a full download from their website.
    Just wait a couple of hours until it has been officially released. They will announce it's release at twitter.com/moz…fox

I've been using Beta 3 for the last few months and I must say that the version I have is much better than #2. I would recommend getting 3, its more refined and friendly.

I doubt the version I have is too far from the non-beta but I'll be downloading 3 when I can be ar5ed

go go go - try and make the servers crash!

So to clarify it should be out in five minutes?

Original Poster

spobby;2331905

So to clarify it should be out in five minutes?

I think so.

Wahey, been waiting a while for this!

Original Poster

OK, it's 6p.m. and the sites are so overcrowded they aren't loading for me yet.

You think they would be ready...

I see they are using the same server as HUKD

Robotochan;2331969

I see they are using the same server as HUKD

Lol

Original Poster

Anyone managed to get through yet?

Banned

hypnoticstate;2331983

Anyone managed to get through yet?

Will you be reviewing the new Firefox aswell?

hmmm got directed to firefox2

Original Poster

zeus9876;2332033

http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/products/firefox/

That's still showing as Firefox 2 for me.

Not getting the download page at all.

Original Poster

:x I wish it would hurry up and work :x

when i go to ]getfirefox.com i keep getting the page for firefox2

Well this is annoying...

[url]ftp://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/latest-3.0/win32/en-GB[/url]

Wait for the time to change next to the file, the folder just changed date anyway

that is not the latest release and that was posted on the FTP on the 11th

Original Poster

Robotochan;2332211

[url]ftp://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/latest-3.0/win32/en-GB[/url] :)Wait for the time to change next to the file, the folder just changed date anyway

Thanks, downloading now with Filezilla.

Edit - cancelled, waiting for date to update.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846228
      2. Help O2 wont repair my sony experia xz22
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism812
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6561254

See more discussions