Groups

Firefox 3 users - A little help

I use firefox three at work and at home, I had them both set up just the way i like them, but due to circumstances beyond my control my version at home needed to be reinstalled. is there anyway that i can transfer all my settings from my work computer to my home computer?

I would use firefox portable on my usb stick but my work requires different connection settings and i dont think there is an option to do this, please correct me if i wrong

8 Comments

Original Poster

also is there a google maps search engine that can be added to the top left?

Son't know much about firefox as i use seamonkey but i think they are based on the same code so you could give

mozbackup a try its free and does everything. account settings cookies etc just google it

Original Poster

megalomaniac;2831845

For all your settings: … For all your settings: http://labs.mozilla.com/2007/12/introducing-weave/For just your bookmarks: http://www.foxmarks.com/Is this: http://www.technotaste.com/blog/google-maps-firefox-searchbar/ what you were looking for re-Google maps?

will look up weave later, apparantly they are expecting to me to do work at work today!

That googlemaps thing is exactly what i was looking for (couldnt find it on the official search engine site though.. how odd)

maddogb;2831869

Son't know much about firefox as i use seamonkey but i think they are … Son't know much about firefox as i use seamonkey but i think they are based on the same code so you could givemozbackup a try its free and does everything. account settings cookies etc just google it

that seems to do the job, i'll give it ago tonight.

Thanks - rep left

Banned

maddogb;2831869

Son't know much about firefox as i use seamonkey but i think they are … Son't know much about firefox as i use seamonkey but i think they are based on the same code so you could givemozbackup a try its free and does everything. account settings cookies etc just google it

:thumbsup: Yep - use mozbackup. Works great.

Works for thunderbird too.

Second that *mozbackup*. Will import/export all favourites, cookies, saved passwords the lot!!!!

xmal;2831998

Second that *mozbackup*. Will import/export all favourites, cookies, … Second that *mozbackup*. Will import/export all favourites, cookies, saved passwords the lot!!!!

Sounds good, a bit like an offline version of Weave. Weave does the same but over the net, more of a sync than a backup in that respect I suppose.

Forget all that.

Find \Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles in these locations:

C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\

C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Local Settings\

Copy the folder inside Profiles back to your home computer at the same location - delete the existing one that is there.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Iphone 7 - What Case?723
      2. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)68
      3. Ditched Sky1316
      4. Hatchimals on Ebay - are they fake?33

See more discussions