Groups

FireFox and Music

I use FireFox, as well as other browsers, to check websites I have created. Some people ask for background music for their site (midis), but FireFox does not play any background sounds. I have searched the plugins and extentions but cannot find anything that makes sounds play automatically. Can any FireFox expert advise?

5 Comments

First rule of web design NO MIDI TUNES, tell your clients its the height of bad taste, its akin to using the ComicSans font.

Original Poster

DKLS;1437899

First rule of web design NO MIDI TUNES, tell your clients its the height … First rule of web design NO MIDI TUNES, tell your clients its the height of bad taste, its akin to using the ComicSans font.

I agree, but the customer is always right even when wrong.;-)

Urgh - I think Firefox should be able to play background music - Sure i was on a site the other day which played it.

Whats up with comic-sans

Original Poster

red_dwarfer;1437998

Urgh - I think Firefox should be able to play background music - Sure i … Urgh - I think Firefox should be able to play background music - Sure i was on a site the other day which played it.

I have the latest version and it does not automatically play background sounds.

That winds me up as well. On my ****** site I have an mp3 that plays in the background. Works fine in IE but won't play in FF. Shame really as i've had some good feedback on the song :lol:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…11
      2. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423414457

See more discussions