Groups

Firefox favourites

Banned
    Where are these stored, I want to delete firefox and re-install, but want to import my favourites, can someone point me to where they are stored on the PC

8 Comments

Select the Bookmarks menu then Organise Bookmarks

CTRL+SHIFT+B

Then select the item on the left called All Bookmarks and the button at the top marked Import and Backup - select Backup and save them wherever you want....

Then import them back when you have reinstalled

Select Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks.

The Bookmarks Manager opens. Click File > Export…

Folder locations are:

Windows Vista/XP/2000 = %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\
    Windows 98/Me = C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\

They may be hidden, so you need to choose 'show hidden files/folder' in the folder options from the control panel.

Original Poster Banned

marmalade47;6468753

Select the Bookmarks menu then Organise BookmarksCTRL+SHIFT+BThen select … Select the Bookmarks menu then Organise BookmarksCTRL+SHIFT+BThen select the item on the left called All Bookmarks and the button at the top marked Import and Backup - select Backup and save them wherever you want....Then import them back when you have reinstalled

strike;6468759

Select Bookmarks Organize Bookmarks.The Bookmarks Manager opens. Click … Select Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks.The Bookmarks Manager opens. Click File > Export…

Cheers, how do I import them back again

sculpturatus;6468767

Cheers, how do I import them back again

Same thing, just choose Import instead.

Original Poster Banned

PhearFactor;6468775

Same thing, just choose Import instead.

Cheers peeps worked a treat, repped :thumbsup:

I use mozbackup myself mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/
    In a few clicks you can back up and restore all your bookmarks, browser settings and add-ons/extensions takes about 30 seconds or less to do.

Banned

just install XMARKS add-on

this syncs your bookmarks with an online server which you can download or use on any pc

it backs up your faves automatically on a daily basis
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Looking for a mobile phone with a £300 budget22
      2. What is the true cost of 4K HDR home cinema entertainment in 2017?66
      3. Ps4 slim how much should I charge 2nd hand.56
      4. Quidco and new IPAD 'Prevent Cross-Site Tracking'11

See more discussions