Groups

FIREFOX - Must have add-ons?

Banned
    What add-ons do you find indispensable? Give the name and a brief description.

I love :-

Tab Mix Plus - Changes tab focus just by hovering over tab and much more.

Colorfultabs - Allows you to assign different colors to the tabs of websites (e.g olive green to HUKD).

Multirowbookmarkstoolbar - allows multiple bookmark toolbars.

21 Comments

Wii Fit, GTA4, Big Brother, and now FireFox. :-(

Tab sidebar is good gives you a preview of all your tabs.

You on FF3 yet? I'm lovin' it! Seems faster and more fully featured.

DownloadHelper!

and the iFox skin is cool as well

down them all - speeds up downloads

no script - prevents malicious scripts (but needs you to manually unblock things you actually want)

ad-block plus - prevents loads of annoying adverts

stumble bar - great for when you are bored. just click stumble and it will direct you to sites that match your chosen topics/interests

one that doesnt appear in add-ons is ]siteadvisor
    highlights any suspicious links on a google search and also shows on the bottom of the screen any dodgy sites.

Banned

Grease monkey is a good one. Use that to run a script to quickly delete spam members from a phpbb forum. (But has other uses besides this.) Shame it doesn't also delete spam posts!!!! :lazy:

Banned

morris7;2345171

down them all - speeds up downloadsno script - prevents malicious scripts … down them all - speeds up downloadsno script - prevents malicious scripts (but needs you to manually unblock things you actually want)ad-block plus - prevents loads of annoying advertsstumble bar - great for when you are bored. just click stumble and it will direct you to sites that match your chosen topics/interests

Does the Adblock plus filter subscriptions stop quidco from tracking? I've installed it but got it on manual so I add all the adverts I don't want.

Original Poster Banned

thesaint;2345077

Wii Fit, GTA4, Big Brother, and now FireFox. :-(

:whistling:

harlzter;2345122

Tab sidebar is good gives you a preview of all your tabs.You on FF3 yet? … Tab sidebar is good gives you a preview of all your tabs.You on FF3 yet? I'm lovin' it! Seems faster and more fully featured.

Just installed it but having problems as some sites just wont load (e.g. blahdvd).

Banned

csiman;2345214

:whistling:Just installed it but having problems as some sites just wont … :whistling:Just installed it but having problems as some sites just wont load (e.g. blahdvd).

working here

Banned

csiman;2345214

:whistling:

Don't worry. He forgot to include posts about NDS for some strange reason!:lazy:

Original Poster Banned

harlzter;2345122

Tab sidebar is good gives you a preview of all your tabs.You on FF3 yet? … Tab sidebar is good gives you a preview of all your tabs.You on FF3 yet? I'm lovin' it! Seems faster and more fully featured.

Just installed tab sidebar but when I went to close the tab sidebar it made all the open tabs close and my tabs on the top wont come back and so I can only have 1 webpage open at a time :x

lumoruk;2345197

Does the Adblock plus filter subscriptions stop quidco from tracking? … Does the Adblock plus filter subscriptions stop quidco from tracking? I've installed it but got it on manual so I add all the adverts I don't want.

I have mine subscribed to a USA one called easylist or something. I never considered that it could stop quidco tracking, but i've had it for a year or so and all my quidco stuff has tracked :thumbsup:

Finjan - scans all links from every page, tells you if theres phishing stuff behind it etc
    2nd vote for No Script
    Weatherbug - tells you the weather for the next three days and current temp
    The Ebay add-on - view items in side bar, and pops up reminders before the auction finishes.

adblock plus
    noscript
    downthemall
    Nittro PDF downloader (youll need it if you use other than adobe reader)
    downloadhelper

optional:

- torbutton
    - switchproxy

csiman;2345257

Just installed tab sidebar but when I went to close the tab sidebar it … Just installed tab sidebar but when I went to close the tab sidebar it made all the open tabs close and my tabs on the top wont come back and so I can only have 1 webpage open at a time :x

press ctrl,shift+E they appear at the side:thumbsup:

foxytunes - little addon that goes at the bottom of the screen and you can control your music from various media applications foxytunes.com/

I have to have stumbleupon

My most used..
    PHProxy -InBasic is a great addon that lets you get through poxy proxies and firewalls to get to blocked websites :-D

adblock plus
    yahoo mail notifier

Original Poster Banned

harlzter;2345403

press ctrl,shift+E they appear at the side:thumbsup:

Cheers. Shame there isn't a one click toolbar button.

Banned

harlzter;2345175

one that doesnt appear in add-ons is ]siteadvisor highlights any … one that doesnt appear in add-ons is ]siteadvisor highlights any suspicious links on a google search and also shows on the bottom of the screen any dodgy sites.

I was a bit suspect of this one when I saw "Macafe" - but it seems to be ok. Shame its lacking in the sites that is registered in its searches. I just did a test run on some of the bigger sites Ive done and not listed! Guess that tells me something!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine11
      2. Win a Mazona Olympus 8kW multi-fuel stove @ Gr8 Fires33
      3. Jazz apple slicer for the price of a stamp33
      4. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains55

See more discussions