Firefox previously worked but now it does not! Help!

Found 13th Sep 2008
For some unkown reason Firefox just will not start up any more! I went to their site and reinstalled but that never worked, im using windows xp.
The Mozilla site recomends me to recreate my profiles, but it also says to have firefox running then goto file to choose Exit, but i cannot do that as it will not start up!
mozilla also says "it may be due to some corrupt data in your settings".
So now i cannot use all my bookmarks or can i any help on this appreciated.

1. Misc
  2. Firefox
10 Comments

Have you got the latest updated verison? Firefox was updated a week or two ago so try downloading the latest version?

Original Poster

Syd;2960118

Have you got the latest updated verison? Firefox was updated a week or … Have you got the latest updated verison? Firefox was updated a week or two ago so try downloading the latest version?

Well i went to the main Mozilla site and after first uninstall i then downloaded the latest version 3 but makes no difference will not start up!!!:x

if all else fails, so a system restore to before it stopped working and it will sort it

:?i have same problem on my lappy had to make do with google chrome

Banned

It could be an addon or toolbar that is causing it not to work, like Mcafee Site Advisor.
Try going into safe mode and removing any addons or added toolbars.

Go to Start, run and type firefox -safe-mode and see if it starts up.

While you in Firefox check ,Tools, Options,Advanced, Network, Settings, and check its not using a proxy.

hope it helps

Original Poster

soupy;2964931

It could be an addon or toolbar that is causing it not to work, like … It could be an addon or toolbar that is causing it not to work, like Mcafee Site Advisor.Try going into safe mode and removing any addons or added toolbars.Go to Start, run and type firefox -safe-mode and see if it starts up.While you in Firefox check ,Tools, Options,Advanced, Network, Settings, and check its not using a proxy.hope it helps

Cheers mate:thumbsup: will try that and let u know how i get on.

de ja vou Karen and Karen. Sorry can't help

Original Poster

soupy;2964931

It could be an addon or toolbar that is causing it not to work, like … It could be an addon or toolbar that is causing it not to work, like Mcafee Site Advisor.Try going into safe mode and removing any addons or added toolbars.Go to Start, run and type firefox -safe-mode and see if it starts up.While you in Firefox check ,Tools, Options,Advanced, Network, Settings, and check its not using a proxy.hope it helps

Nope does not work! Nothing happens no change.:x Will try system restore! :thinking:

Banned

Before you do a system restore, just make sure any antivirus firewall isn't blocking Firefox.

Disable it and try firefox, if it works ok re-enable it and check the firewall settings.

Original Poster

Cheers again will let u know in due course:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text