Groups

Firefox Problem - help!!

Firefox has started to misbehave on my computer, causing problems with my add-ons including Thunderbird.

Any attempt to manage add-ons, uninstall Firefox, update it etc gets the error message

"A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/nsExtensionManager.js:623"

Tjis message is constantly repeated even when the checkbox not to show the error again is checked.

Searching google, this seems to have been a problem some time ago with updates to FF 3.6 but no-one had any solutions to it.

What can I do? Remember, I cannot remove and re-install as it won't let me, and it says there are no updates.

BTW - this is only one one of my computers (my main one unfortunately) - others work fine.

5 Comments

ive binned firefox,,,too many problems,,,tried delete and reinstalled but got rid of it now,,,pity really cause i thought it was ok before,,,

Original Poster

[quote=dontasciime]support.mozilla.com/en-…015

I don't have the add-on the article mentions as causing a problem.

virus

[quote=dontasciime]http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/752015I … [quote=dontasciime]http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/752015I don't have the add-on the article mentions as causing a problem.

There is other other info there in my post (link) to try and fix it eg remove yahoo toolbar is another possible fix if in scenario

Original Poster

There is other other info there in my post (link) to try and fix it eg remove yahoo toolbar is another possible fix if in scenario[/quote]

No - don't have that either.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944515
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767344
      3. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2238
      4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1125

See more discussions