Groups

Firefox problems

Im having trouble when i close firefox for the 2nd or 3rd time. I go to double click on it again and it says this:

"Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system."

When i restart the PC its fine but then does it again after the 2nd/3rd time of closing the webpage.

Anyone else had problems like this? Its really annoying
    rep given

10 Comments

Go into task manager (right click task bar) and under process find firefox and right click>end process, I get it too sometimes.

Its not closing properly. Do a reinstall.
    If you want to use it again after the problem starts, look for the process in the task manager and close it from there.

yeah you can kill it in task manager. if you're immediately restarting because say you updated an addon, then if you've been using it a lot, say had 6 or 7 tabs open and a lot of page history then it might be using 400mg or more of ram, when you close it, it has to unload all of that before the task finally ends so sometimes it just takes a minute or two before it's fully closed.

Original Poster

I just tried to do that but i click end process and nothing happens and it still appears in the process tab. Grrrrr

kiwinator;6869962

I just tried to do that but i click end process and nothing happens and … I just tried to do that but i click end process and nothing happens and it still appears in the process tab. Grrrrr

Just press delete on your keyboard instead. That might work.

or do end process tree

Original Poster

Still wont work, i havent a clue why it just wont end!

Hmm, maybe try starting FF in safe mode and see if the same thing happens when you close/re-open it? If that helps, disable all of your add-ons and re-enable one by one. If not, I suggest backing up your bookmarks,etc and reinstalling.

Banned

one of your add ons/tool bars are causing it jip

Original Poster

Cheers will have a go later, repped
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!88
      2. Nectar launch eGift card redemption for selected brands including Currys, A…44
      3. Spotify Family Premium share59
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767221

See more discussions