Firestick 4k and TV

Posted 20th Mar
Apologies for the noob question, seeing as I'm going to be stuck at home for sometime, i'm looking to buy a nice 4k TV.

I want to buy something which is future proof but unsure of a few things, I've got a 4k firestick and intend to use this on the next TV.

Is Dolby Vision or HDR10+ or HLG reliant on whether tv is capable of it or can the firestick enhance further if the TV spec does not contain the above?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
If you have a local RicherSounds pop into there, they'll help you with all you need to know and the bonus is 6 years warranty on 99% of the teles.
Any 4k will do, I wouldnt worry yourself about Dolby Vision, HDR10 etc or you'll have a massive headache.
Have you an idea on size? Are you bothered by brands? Is it going on a wall or unit?
Not fussed on brands as It’s for the bedroom so going for a 43” to sit on a high chest of drawers.

Friend has recommended JVC but it’s only available in 40" or 49" and 49" is overkill.

I’ve seen a 43” Phillips which I’m leaning towards for £329 including 5 year warranty at Costco.
Edited by: "samosa" 20th Mar
richersounds.com/tv-…tml

There you go 43" as you asked, 6 year warranty. Sign up to RS ViP email and you'll get a £10 off voucher
Thanks, appreciate it however i'm not close to any stores which have it in stock.
samosa20/03/2020 18:42

Not fussed on brands as It’s for the bedroom so going for a 43” to sit on a …Not fussed on brands as It’s for the bedroom so going for a 43” to sit on a high chest of drawers.Friend has recommended JVC but it’s only available in 40" or 49" and 49" is overkill.I’ve seen a 43” Phillips which I’m leaning towards for £329 including 5 year warranty at Costco.

4k on a 43" screen is generally waste of time for exclusively resolution benefit over 1080p when viewed from "typical" TV viewing distance and demands greater media bandwidth, greater stability & greater power than a similar-sized 1080p screen option. However a 4k set may bring other features / benefits not available from 1080p sets. Just a thought not to get too obsessed with the concept of 4k is "better".
Although in context: are 43" 1080p sets still even available ?
I didnt think of that but im after the fancy colors to WOW over and not too much concerned on how image quality/clarity is over HD.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants