Groups

Firestick or Fire Tv

Have a new Firestick with Kodi etc installed. Amazing little device, only slight letdown is picture quality on some of the stuff. On 42" Panasonic it is a bit of a grainy picture, Display settings on Kodi set at highest level. Using it on smaller screen Samsung TV is a bit better but not perfect. I am wondering if the more expensive Fire TV box with Kodi etc installed and connected with wired network would be any better, or is it just something I have to accept using Kodi and the extras

16 Comments

It will be the source for kodi what you are streaming on. Try something from amazon prime in 1080p

A new one is due soon as well but that won't improve kodi

What build are you using mate. Ive got wookie working great for streaming etc but yet to find anything that streams live tv channels well

Sorry how rude the box is definitley better but if the source is poor then it will be poor no matter what you use

Original Poster

123batman321

What build are you using mate. Ive got wookie working great for streaming … What build are you using mate. Ive got wookie working great for streaming etc but yet to find anything that streams live tv channels well

​Bought Kodi from Amazon, got Kodi and other stuff put on through Ebay. That's all I know.

get the box so much better

denwyn

​Bought Kodi from Amazon, got Kodi and other stuff put on through Ebay. T … ​Bought Kodi from Amazon, got Kodi and other stuff put on through Ebay. That's all I know.

Oooh did u buy the fire stick off ebay then?

Original Poster

Firestick from Amazon, sent off to eBay seller who installed Kodi etc.

Original Poster

OK..in what way is the box better, I would want to have Kodi etc installed as the fire stick

Got the fire tv box. Got kodi running faster as its at least double the RAM and can have fixed ethernet. Also got the firestick controller for using games emulators from the past (saving digging out old consoles)
    Finally got a usb stick attached for extra storage of media.

denwyn

Firestick from Amazon, sent off to eBay seller who installed Kodi etc.

For the moment give it a few weeks and the current court case will stop them from being sold.

eslick

For the moment give it a few weeks and the current court case will stop … For the moment give it a few weeks and the current court case will stop them from being sold.

But it wont stop them being bought from amazon and the owner installing it themselves (which is so damned easy)
    And then there will be a challenge in court of appeal which will prolong the sale period anyway.

It's got nothing to do with your tv and is the picture quality from the upload to kodi.

It's free and streamed from the internet so dont expect 4K | HD streaming for something that you ain't paying for.

The picture quality on my 42'' Panasonic is poorer compared to my 32'' LG I have in my bedroom. What Panasonic model do you have?

Dodgy Kodi plugins are the last place to be looking If your interested in picture quality.

Original Poster

Had more chance to give Kodi a try out this weekend, to honest it was disappointing, tried watching Moto GP, poor picture and constant buffering. Lots won't work on it at all. Will probably not use it, The Amazon side of it is excellent, movie quality excellent, and iPlayer a bonus. Leaves me trying to work out how to get BT Sport, cant really swap ISP, tied to Plusnet for another 8 months, so can't move to BT. Sky won't work either,to difficult to get cable from dish to TV, plus it's expensive. Just have to be patient I suppose. Thanks for all advice.

denwyn

Had more chance to give Kodi a try out this weekend, to honest it was … Had more chance to give Kodi a try out this weekend, to honest it was disappointing, tried watching Moto GP, poor picture and constant buffering. Lots won't work on it at all. Will probably not use it, The Amazon side of it is excellent, movie quality excellent, and iPlayer a bonus. Leaves me trying to work out how to get BT Sport, cant really swap ISP, tied to Plusnet for another 8 months, so can't move to BT. Sky won't work either,to difficult to get cable from dish to TV, plus it's expensive. Just have to be patient I suppose. Thanks for all advice.

If your watching the Moto GP live its the source that will be the let down
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox one region locked codes?22
      2. I want some backless loafers for men22
      3. Phone "Upgrade"36
      4. Best way to use Tesco club card vouchers?77

See more discussions