Firestick v Mi Box s - keeping apps open

Posted 19th Aug
Hi,

I’ve got an Amazon Fire Stick And an Xiaomi Mi Box s, when i open a new app on the Mi Box S and switch back to the old one it keeps the position it was on, say im 30 minutes into a program on Iplayer, open 4OD then decide to switch back to iplayer its still on 30 minutes. However when i do that on the firestick it will close the position of where i was on Iplayer and start from the very beginning of the app, is there anyway of changing this?

thanks
Dan
Community Updates
Misc
5 Comments
Are you logged in on iplayer on the direstick?
Edited by: "chocci" 19th Aug
As far as I know the firestick doesn't do that no, think you're referring to app switching (I may have made that term up)

Apps don't run in the background on firestick I don't think, they effectively close after a period of no use or if you go back to the home screen, unlike on Android TV
Edited by: "Byno" 19th Aug
Byno19/08/2020 08:59

As far as I know the firestick doesn't do that no, think you're referring …As far as I know the firestick doesn't do that no, think you're referring to app switching (I may have made that term up)Apps don't run in the background on firestick I don't think, they effectively close after a period of no use or if you go back to the home screen, unlike on Android TV

Anyway to change that?
borat123419/08/2020 23:16

Anyway to change that?

Not that I'm aware of, it might be possible though. I always took it as a limitation of the Fire OS but the Devs over at XDA may have figured it out. It's android after all ultimately.
Post a comment
@
    Text