Firestick with old tv

Found 21st Jul 2016
Im trying to set up a firestick on my sons tv that dosnt have hdmi, i bought a hdmi to rca cable but that dosnt work.
Is there something else i can get that will work
Community Updates
AskTVAmazon Fire Stick
9 Comments
if it has a scart look at a SCART To HDMI Video Audio Upscale Converter Adapter
terry7866

if it has a scart look at a SCART To HDMI Video Audio Upscale Converter … if it has a scart look at a SCART To HDMI Video Audio Upscale Converter Adapter

wouldn't that be going from scart to hdmi which is the opposite of what the op is looking for
Original Poster
rev6

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Composite-Converter-Xbox360-DVR-Black-Black/dp/B00HLDGVZC/ref=pd_sim_23_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=410%2BjKUa%2B9L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&psc=1&refRID=X8NNTYKS5FXW7DXQXF8H

​thanks will give that a try

Don't these adapters only work if the tv is capable of a digital signal in the first place.
I remember trying to do something similar with a old projector once that wasn't digitally enabled and read somewhere saying that.
may be totally wrong lol
kstead1966

​thanks will give that a try

Less than half the price on ebay uk sellers
how good is his current tv? might be worth looking for cheap/free second hand tv. you can gte decent quality 32" tv for £100 so I wouldnt be surprised if you can get one second hand for free or ~£25
stefromuk

Don't these adapters only work if the tv is capable of a digital signal … Don't these adapters only work if the tv is capable of a digital signal in the first place.I remember trying to do something similar with a old projector once that wasn't digitally enabled and read somewhere saying that.may be totally wrong lol

There should be no trace that the signal was digital if the converter is doing it's job. You would be using the analog inputs on your TV anyway.
Could this have something to do with HDCP? Running through a converter would render the HDCP useless and thus refuses to handshake and display?

Could be wrong though...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants