Firetrap has been bought by Sports Direct

Found 23rd Mar 2012
Ho well although at present it is not an overly impressive company in terms of quality I guess in true Cashley style it sure won't be now along with his acquisition of retailers Cruise and USC.
Community Updates
12 Comments
Banned
wow.. Firetrap has some nice quality clothing.

Guess it's going to be the new chav brand ov 2012 init
Firetrap of 2000/2001 had some great clothing and some I still wear to this day. But not tomorrow!
The old saying "money doesn't buy class" could not be more true in this case.
RIP Firetrap as we knew it
Banned
They did some ok stuff back in the 90s.
shergold

wow.. Firetrap had some nice quality clothing. Guess it's going to be the … wow.. Firetrap had some nice quality clothing. Guess it's going to be the new chav brand ov 2012 init

Do Sportsdirect also own Puma, No Fear and RipCurl?
Hmm, my favourite boots are firetrap. There's just a wee silver plate about 5x20mm saying firetrap though so maybe it's not that obvious.
Going to go out now in my £45 Firetrap shirt only for people to turn around and say "you got that from Sports Direct"...
Hissy Miss

Hmm, my favourite boots are firetrap. There's just a wee silver plate … Hmm, my favourite boots are firetrap. There's just a wee silver plate about 5x20mm saying firetrap though so maybe it's not that obvious.

Well I don't think you're gonna get "Hmm, my favourite boots are firetrap." to fit on
MadeDixonsCry

Do Sportsdirect also own Puma, No Fear and RipCurl?

Don't think Puma is owned by Sports Direct but Dunlop, Slazenger and Karrimor are a couple more (I think) they do own.....just thought of another one - Lonsdale.
Edited by: "gari189" 23rd Mar 2012
Firetrap went into administration on 15th March, and Sports Direct has purchased the rights to the brand, at this point though, its seems like Firetrap will be used as a separate division, as a premium brand, so we shouldn't see much of it in Sports Direct stores.

It will most likely be sold at their USC stores.
the Firetrap stuff is sold in the Next Directory, very pricey! I have a couple of their summer dresses and they are nice. Can't imagine Firetrap at Sports Direct somehow ..... Umbro yes
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions