Firewatch included in Games with Gold for August 2017 (Leak)

Found 24th Jul 2017
I expect this to go cold, but this time I have given a source.

Firewatch was nominated for several Game of the Year awards. If this leak is correct this would be much better than last month's offerings.

somosxbox.com/rum…723
Community Updates
Misc
35 Comments
If this is real, then I can't wait!
looks believable to me
What games age they can't tell from the picture?
I've just been reading the comments. This is the cover for Condemned...

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51JR6nMVsHL._SY445_.jpg

This is a bigger picture of the leaked image

https://i1.wp.com/www.somosxbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/games-with-gold-agosto.jpeg?resize=650%2C365

Looks a tad Photoshopped, no? I do hope I'm wrong though, but it definitely looks like it's been placed on top of something. Also, as mentioned on Reddit, the Games with Gold images tend to display a savings cost. I reckon Picasso couldn't be bothered to work it out...?

EDIT: Isn't there something behind Firewatch, too?
Edited by: "BuzzDuraband" 24th Jul 2017
Firewatch is great, having just played it through over the weekend. I'll always take 'leaks' like this with a grain of salt, though, until we get the official reveal - there have been far too many hoaxes in the past! Besides, it's not long now until we'll find out for certain.
Edited by: "Illusionary" 24th Jul 2017
Moved over to misc until confirmed.
Edited by: "niceroundpound" 24th Jul 2017
Hope Fire Watch comes to PS+....
Firewatch is such a boring game, great for indie tabs or walking simulator fans.
Considering I really want Fire watch but it's never had a good enough sale for me to buy it, consider me very sceptical.

Hope I'm wrong though.
When is the actual announcement due? Gotta be the next few days hasn't it?
Marcoos

Normally last Thurs of the month.
benjammin316

Normally last Thurs of the month.

Thanks
Completed Firewatch last month. Fantastic game!
Westwoodo1 h, 10 m ago

Firewatch is such a boring game, great for indie tabs or walking simulator …Firewatch is such a boring game, great for indie tabs or walking simulator fans.

​Playerunknowns battlegrounds is a walking simulator and I enjoy that.
Marcoos

Marcoos

When is the actual announcement due? Gotta be the next few days hasn't … When is the actual announcement due? Gotta be the next few days hasn't it?

Nah, it's not usually Thursday, nor that consistent to a specific day/date. You might be thinking of the PS Plus announcements (though they're usually Wednesdays nowadays)? The announcement is imminent, though.

Wednesday 22 February
Thursday 23 March
Friday 21 April
Wednesday 24 May
Tuesday 27 June
Illusionary

Nah, it's not usually Thursday, nor that consistent to a specific … Nah, it's not usually Thursday, nor that consistent to a specific day/date. You might be thinking of the PS Plus announcements (though they're usually Wednesdays nowadays)? The announcement is imminent, though.Wednesday 22 FebruaryThursday 23 MarchFriday 21 AprilWednesday 24 MayTuesday 27 June

Ah my bad mate
US boxart for Condemned, UK/EU boxart for Forza... Surely a shop. (and a bad one)
Edited by: "Krooner" 24th Jul 2017
I hope it is a photoshop... I own the Xbox one version of H2... also own AC one too...

But if true a good month for those that don't have them

AC is strange but good
benjammin316

Ah my bad mate

No worries - the dates to tend to be all over the place, so it's hard to keep track!
deleted57959

I cannot see MS releasing the 360 version of ForzaH2 over the XB1 version … I cannot see MS releasing the 360 version of ForzaH2 over the XB1 version for GWG.. at least id prefer them to release the XB1 Version.

There is no Horizon 2 on the Xbox One
LewsTherin

Playerunknowns battlegrounds is a walking simulator and I enjoy that.

Walking simulator with great graphics and guns......and a better story.
I've just seen this on the Reddit thread.

31537829-23mv4.jpg
Just to add another spin on things. [Tweet Credit]
Awwwww sheeet yo! My uncle who totally works for Xbox just sent me this and said keep it quiet.
legit init. 31538045-TIKAn.jpg
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds was shown at the Microsoft E3 conference with a 2017 release but with it still being an early access game on PC it will probably only be added to Xbox Game Preview. Another reason for it not being free is that this game could be a big selling point for Xbox if it remains a console exclusive.
dr_spaceman

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds was shown at the Microsoft E3 conference … PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds was shown at the Microsoft E3 conference with a 2017 release but with it still being an early access game on PC it will probably only be added to Xbox Game Preview. Another reason for it not being free is that this game could be a big selling point for Xbox if it remains a console exclusive.

migavupe was just demonstrating how easy it is to put together a fake - I don't think that there was any serious intention to suggest that PUBG would be part of GwG.
dr_spaceman25th Jul 2017

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds was shown at the Microsoft E3 conference …PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds was shown at the Microsoft E3 conference with a 2017 release but with it still being an early access game on PC it will probably only be added to Xbox Game Preview. Another reason for it not being free is that this game could be a big selling point for Xbox if it remains a console exclusive.

Was a joke and 30 second photoshop.
deleted57959

erm

Oh wow, I never knew that! I assumed it just went backwards compatible!

Misinformed over here
BuzzDuraband9 h, 45 m ago

I've just seen this on the Reddit thread.[Image] Just to add another spin …I've just seen this on the Reddit thread.[Image] Just to add another spin on things. [Tweet Credit]

If 'Damnation' goes backward compatible before the likes of 'Mark of the Ninja' or 'Spec Ops: The Line' I'll burn Microsoft's offices to the ground.
Edited by: "Krooner" 25th Jul 2017
I'm hoping for Dark Souls II
By Tom Phillips Published 25/07/2017

August's Xbox Live Games with Gold promotion includes cult classic Bayonetta to play on your Xbox One.

The Xbox 360 edition of the game will be backwards compatible and free to download for Xbox Live subscribers from 1st to 15th August.

Xbox 360 shooter Red Faction: Armageddon will be available from 16th to 31st August, meanwhile.

Top notch Xbox One arcade racer Trials Fusion will be free from 16th August to 15th September.

Finally, indie game Slime Rancher will be free from 1st to 31st of the month.
And the words on everyone's lips.......

Are there any substitutions for other regions???
Lol you guys suck and you should just give up.
Your "sources" are just laughable and were no better or closer than my comedy post of pubg.
Firewatch Haa darksouls haaaa don't bother next time.
Edited by: "migavupe" 25th Jul 2017
Clearly, the source was incorrect. This is the last time I'm going to post based on rumours. Here is the confirmed lineup:

majornelson.com/201…17/
migavupe2 h, 24 m ago

Lol you guys suck and you should just give up. Your "sources" are just …Lol you guys suck and you should just give up. Your "sources" are just laughable and were no better or closer than my comedy post of pubg. Firewatch Haa darksouls haaaa don't bother next time.

Sarcasm?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions