First caravan ..any tips

Found 26th Apr
Ok so really excited we have just bought our first caravan for family holidays .. I’ve have caravanned before as a child with my parents but that was a long time ago so I’m just looked for any tips people may have .. Must have items etc ..

Thanks in advance 😃
Community Updates
AskCaravan
Top comments
Seek out a good divorce lawyer before you attempt to put up the awning!
13 Comments
Chip pan!
(op, just for simpletons like me, is it a touring van or a static caravan
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 26th Apr
What sort of caravan. Dry or wet? (does it have sink, bathroom, toilet etc!?). If it does get an extra water hog, waste water hog, toilet cassette - nothing wise than needing to fill or empty in the middle of the night. Join the Caravan and motorhome club discounted due, easy booking and loads of hints and help.
Toptrumpet4 m ago

Chip pan!(op, just for simpletons like me, is it a touring van or a static …Chip pan!(op, just for simpletons like me, is it a touring van or a static caravan

.. think I’ll leave the chip pan at home. Hopefully a pub near by for chips
It’s a touring van
mrty4 m ago

What sort of caravan. Dry or wet? (does it have sink, bathroom, toilet …What sort of caravan. Dry or wet? (does it have sink, bathroom, toilet etc!?). If it does get an extra water hog, waste water hog, toilet cassette - nothing wise than needing to fill or empty in the middle of the night. Join the Caravan and motorhome club discounted due, easy booking and loads of hints and help.

Touring van .. yes it has a full bathroom (shower etc) . I will definitely join the Caravan and camping club. Thanks
Make sure your license covers you to tow it. If you passed after Jan 1997 you may need to sit an additional test depending on the combined maximum authorised mass (MAM) of the car + caravan (Can't exceed 3,500kg in total).

If it was before 1997 you're laughing.
BeerDrinker9 m ago

Make sure your license covers you to tow it. If you passed after Jan 1997 …Make sure your license covers you to tow it. If you passed after Jan 1997 you may need to sit an additional test depending on the combined maximum authorised mass (MAM) of the car + caravan (Can't exceed 3,500kg in total).If it was before 1997 you're laughing.

Thanks yes luckily I new about this before
Picking the caravan . I passed jan 98 . So I had to be careful.
If you notice a huge line of cars behind you, please pull over and let them pass, especially if your tow car has the power output of a kettle.

On a more serious note, one of the caravan club training courses would be very useful.
Seek out a good divorce lawyer before you attempt to put up the awning!
Just one tip.
Leave your caravan in the garage, that way you won't annoy other road users
There are some good tips here

Edited by: "ccnp" 26th Apr
After saying.. if we hear a loud bang we won't pull over... My folks heard a loud bang and pulled over. They got robbed.. Was in Spain though and caravan was soon sold. My tip.. Don't pull over if you here a loud bang
Edited by: "wayners" 26th Apr
Caravan and holiday in the same sentence . Why rough it on holiday. Jeez.
benrobertsno119 m ago

Caravan and holiday in the same sentence . Why …Caravan and holiday in the same sentence . Why rough it on holiday. Jeez.

Caravan isnt too bad, some people holiday under a piece of cloth and cant stand up right, at least in a caravan you've a fridge to keep your beers and bacon cold
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions