First Class Lounge - Avanti

Posted 27th Feb
Evening,

I'm travelling back from Euston next month, I'm probably going to have quite a while until my next train however I'm standard class. What would you say is the cheapest possible way I could get into the First Class Lounge at Euston?
Community Updates

Groups

12 Comments
I don’t think they will let you in without a first class boarding pass
Arto27/02/2020 19:23

I don’t think they will let you in without a first class boarding pass

I didn't know if there was a way to pay on the door, or my other thought was booking the cheapest 1st ticket there is to anywhere and using that to enter. But where would.the cheapest place to travel be?
How long is the wait? You only get an hour during peak periods, 2 hours off peak
IamMT27/02/2020 19:49

How long is the wait? You only get an hour during peak periods, 2 hours …How long is the wait? You only get an hour during peak periods, 2 hours off peak

About 1 1/2 hours
find a 1st class single on the advance booking system to the nearest stop from euston
ccnp27/02/2020 20:15

find a 1st class single on the advance booking system to the nearest stop …find a 1st class single on the advance booking system to the nearest stop from euston

Watford junction
Go for a drink upstairs at the pub in Euston station, it’s not too bad and probably cheaper than booking another ticket
Where are you going from euston?
arjanvirdi28/02/2020 13:37

Where are you going from euston?

Heathrow- Lancaster via Euston
If you're travelling with Avanti, CrossCountry, GWR or LNER you might be able to get a cheap upgrade with SeatFrog (seatfrog.com). What you do is you is download the app and enter in your journey details. You can then bid in an auction for a first class upgrade (sort of like eBay) for your train. However, auctions only open 24 hours before, so you'll have to wait. Upgrades include access to lounges but the upgrade is for specific trains only, even if you have a flexible ticket. You get a barcode on your phone which you have to show along with your standard class ticket.
Edited by: "ethernet22" 28th Feb
ethernet2228/02/2020 19:12

If you're travelling with Avanti, CrossCountry, GWR or LNER you might be …If you're travelling with Avanti, CrossCountry, GWR or LNER you might be able to get a cheap upgrade with SeatFrog (www.seatfrog.com). What you do is you is download the app and enter in your journey details. You can then bid in an auction for a first class upgrade (sort of like eBay) for your train. However, auctions only open 24 hours before, so you'll have to wait. Upgrades include access to lounges but the upgrade is for specific trains only, even if you have a flexible ticket. You get a barcode on your phone which you have to show along with your standard class ticket.

Ooh that's a shout
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants