First Date with a Co-worker

Banned 49
Found 31st Jul 2012
Well a co-worker and I have decided to go on a date, just out for a meal and a few drinks. I've never dated a coworker and so will be very different from a normal first date as we know quite a bit about each other. So what do we talk about? Do I ask her about work as I'm in a different department? Do I stay away from talking about work? First dates are fine, first dates with a co-worker is very different!

Thanks!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
49 Comments

Never ever ever talk about work, makes you seem rather sad that all you have in your life is work...

Talk about books
Dont talk about sport
NEVER talk about ex's or how your mummy does everything for you
be humble and funny
dont talk about the weather

are you american?

show her your cawk
????
profit

Original Poster Banned

I'm British don't worry but just don't want the night to be awkward!

Suggest you don't talk about work. Don't beat about the bush, just propose and live happily ever after. Have I missed a step or two?

b00110908

I'm British don't worry but just don't want the night to be awkward!

The calling her your co-worker will just freak her out then.

Colleague or 'some bint/wench from work' is generally the better way to refer to her from this point on

Suggest you don't talk about work. Don't beat about the bush, just propose and live happily ever after. Have I missed a step or two?

dont pre-plan talking about anything.

Take her out, make her laugh (easier with a bottle or two of Pino Grigio) seal the deal and make it awkard at work the next day.

Banned

Make em laugh make em laugh and you'll soon be sharing a bath.

Talk about work as much as you can, mention how no one will be able to replace 'mummy' and chat about the weather.

Should be fine!

Simple, I'd Make Passes Literally Every Xminutes.

just talk about what you do as normal.
good luck.

not sure what you do if things don't work out later on as it can be awkward working with your ex.

danmc

Ahh

Since you say you know each other quite well, and you also say she agreed to go for a drink with you, then she obviously likes something about you. If you turn up with planned conversation pieces the whole night will feel stilted and what she liked about you will have gone.

You got this far being yourself so why not give that a go!! If she decides she doesn't like that then she isn't worth messing around with!

mutley1

just talk about what you do as normal.good luck.not sure what you do if … just talk about what you do as normal.good luck.not sure what you do if things don't work out later on as it can be awkward working with your ex.

Or studying with them

danmc

http://us6.memecdn.com/i-see-what-you-did-there_o_298108.jpg

Original Poster Banned

gbspurs

Since you say you know each other quite well, and you also say she agreed … Since you say you know each other quite well, and you also say she agreed to go for a drink with you, then she obviously likes something about you. If you turn up with planned conversation pieces the whole night will feel stilted and what she liked about you will have gone.You got this far being yourself so why not give that a go!! If she decides she doesn't like that then she isn't worth messing around with!

Good point cheers. I'm outgoing at work but got a feeling I'll end up shy on this date but hey ho! I've just got a thing for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time lol

b00110908

Good point cheers. I'm outgoing at work but got a feeling I'll end up shy … Good point cheers. I'm outgoing at work but got a feeling I'll end up shy on this date but hey ho! I've just got a thing for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time lol

Is that you, Dilly?

b00110908

Good point cheers. I'm outgoing at work but got a feeling I'll end up shy … Good point cheers. I'm outgoing at work but got a feeling I'll end up shy on this date but hey ho! I've just got a thing for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time lol

just make sure you wait at least 30 mins before asking her if she is on her period.

Any sooner and I'm afraid it's good night sweet prince...
Edited by: "numptyj" 31st Jul 2012

Do you work at a dildo manufacturing plant?

never ever do this, it always ends bad and u have to see them at work every day

O and whos multi r u?

Banned

Looks like OP has been dumped already

Oh well

could be worse she could be banging the whole workplace, you included behind her partners back, not that i know much about that. then again i did work at dominos when that happened and tbh what do you expect from the people who work in those places. HTH

I met my missus through work. The trick is to just go for a drink after work and then there is less pressure an importance put on the "date". However it's a bit late for that!! Maybe next time.

kylewalker

could be worse she could be banging the whole workplace, you included … could be worse she could be banging the whole workplace, you included behind her partners back, not that i know much about that. then again i did work at dominos when that happened and tbh what do you expect from the people who work in those places. HTH

It had to be YOU that comments about banging somebodys partner behind their back.

kylewalker

could be worse she could be banging the whole workplace, you included … could be worse she could be banging the whole workplace, you included behind her partners back, not that i know much about that. then again i did work at dominos when that happened and tbh what do you expect from the people who work in those places. HTH

kyle u know they will have a go at this post, I do try and look after you - but sometimes u r wat too truthful

Banned

I met my mrs at Glastonbury....she was watching me dance at a wobble shop as the sun came up....so I walked over and kissed her.

who dares wins.

slamdunkin

I met my mrs at Glastonbury....she was watching me dance at a wobble shop … I met my mrs at Glastonbury....she was watching me dance at a wobble shop as the sun came up....so I walked over and kissed her.who dares wins.

she must have low standards - u not washed in days and covered in mud lol

bassman_uk

Is that you, Dilly?

How dare you!

Banned

I didn't rain that year...and the reason I had to kiss her was because she was absalutly gorgeous.

slamdunkin

I met my mrs at Glastonbury....she was watching me dance at a wobble shop … I met my mrs at Glastonbury....she was watching me dance at a wobble shop as the sun came up....so I walked over and kissed her.who dares wins.

I wish i had the confidence to do that, different occasions I see chicks eyeing me up, but I'm too shy and just look away. I could never walk up to em and just kiss em.

hasj2

I wish i had the confidence to do that, different occasions I see chicks … I wish i had the confidence to do that, different occasions I see chicks eyeing me up, but I'm too shy and just look away. I could never walk up to em and just kiss em.

I could never walk up and stick the lips on them straight away. But I'm confident enough to go and talk to them.

Should try it next time, if you feel that they're eyeing you up for the right reasons

I wish you luck

Edited by: "dylanjb100" 31st Jul 2012

Banned

Hasj2...it's not something I'd done before.....glad I did though.

Dilly go for it, if girl is looking at you she must like you

hasj2

I wish i had the confidence to do that, different occasions I see chicks … I wish i had the confidence to do that, different occasions I see chicks eyeing me up, but I'm too shy and just look away. I could never walk up to em and just kiss em.

You wish you had the confidence to go up and kiss slamdunkin's missus?oO

http://1.2.3.9/bmi/www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/maxwell_smart__confused.gifhttp://1.2.3.11/bmi/i41.tinypic.com/199ft3.gifhttp://1.2.3.9/bmi/www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/xgllya.gif

You've got balls just admitting that here (_;)

miles136

Dilly go for it, if girl is looking at you she must like you

Wasn't me who said that...was Hasj

slamdunkin

Make em laugh make em laugh and you'll soon be sharing a bath.

Make em cry, make em cry and you'll be hearing for at least a year how and why! oO
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions