Groups

First Laptop I seen to have a HD DVD drive

I was in pc world today and seen a laptop with a HD DVD drive 17in screen about £699 to boot, while sonys blue ray laptop is £999.98

So are hd dvd going to become the new standard in laptops and pc?

I was told that this HD DVD laptop will also play standard DVDS but then I dont trust what pc world do tell most of the time, is this statment correct?

3 Comments

Yes it is, both blu-ray and hd-dvd's play standard dvd's.

Toshiba are HD DVD, as are Acer and Rock - Sony are obviously Blu-ray but Dell are as well, if they choose to push the drives that could be a major factor for blu-ray. Also as a burning format the higher storage offered by blu-ray could be more appealing for PC users.

John

Original Poster

Johnmcl7

Toshiba are HD DVD, as are Acer and Rock - Sony are obviously Blu-ray but … Toshiba are HD DVD, as are Acer and Rock - Sony are obviously Blu-ray but Dell are as well, if they choose to push the drives that could be a major factor for blu-ray. Also as a burning format the higher storage offered by blu-ray could be more appealing for PC users.John

The toshiba is the one pc world are pushing at the store and it seems from reading in paper you can also claim 5 HD DVD as well from a choice of 13, by filling in a form and sending it to toshiba.

Are toshiba laptops much cop or just a load of old dash?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      2. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      3. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56
      4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48

See more discussions