First passport for a baby

14 replies
Found 5th Apr 2009
Does anyone have any idea how long this will take if i sent the form on monday? Me and hubby are planning to go to paris at the end of june and my daughter doesn't have a passport yet! (She will be 8 months in june) My passport is still in my maiden name would it be accepted with our marriage certificate or will i have to change it too? Thanks for any help

1. Misc
  2. Baby
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Baby
14 Comments

Passport should be back in under a month, just make sure you fill out the form correctly.

Re maiden name, I'm not so sure, if it's different from the name on the tickets, you could technically be stopped. Best to phone the passport office on Monday.

you book your holiday in your maiden name. Im the same, my passport is still in my maiden name, and have travelled loads of times booking using that name... it must match with whats in your passport. If you want to travel in your married name you need to change your passport

Original Poster

Thanks guys x

Banned

What name are the tickets in? If its in your maiden name - keep it as it is until after you return (and get it changed then) If they are in your married name - then get your passport changed now.

Passports would probably be returned in less than 4 weeks - providing you have filled them in correctly.

Original Poster

guv;4832871

What name are the tickets in? If its in your maiden name - keep it as it … What name are the tickets in? If its in your maiden name - keep it as it is until after you return (and get it changed then) If they are in your married name - then get your passport changed now.Passports would probably be returned in less than 4 weeks - providing you have filled them in correctly.

We don't have tickets yet lol.

Banned

xSpoiltPrincessx;4832876

In that case - just make sure the names and tickets match up.

get the post office to do a checking service its £7 i think but that guarantees you'll get your passport without it being returned for missing info - so speeds up the whole process

xSpoiltPrincessx;4832876

Sweet Jesus.......................:whistling:

Original Poster

Trickyjabs;4832883

Sweet Jesus.......................:whistling:

:oops: i didn't even know we were going but hubby kept saying to sort out our daughter's passport so it's his fault!

I just did my sons and it came back in 2 weeks, I don't use check and send at the post office, I fill it out on-line then the send it to you and you just fill in the last few blanks, just needs a large letter stamp on it.

I have 2 boys under 5 and I reckon last time i paid about £53 (for 5 year kids passport) for the info to be checked by the post office and then sent on. I need to go tomorrow and renew my oldest sons. Not looking forward to it. They are very picky. on one occasion, they refused to accept the form because I'd made my "7" with a line through it- like a french "7". and then they refused my photo because the background was grey and not white. I later discovered that grey is acceptable....

Original Poster

SNEEZY;4834974

I have 2 boys under 5 and I reckon last time i paid about £53 (for 5 … I have 2 boys under 5 and I reckon last time i paid about £53 (for 5 year kids passport) for the info to be checked by the post office and then sent on. I need to go tomorrow and renew my oldest sons. Not looking forward to it. They are very picky. on one occasion, they refused to accept the form because I'd made my "7" with a line through it- like a french "7". and then they refused my photo because the background was grey and not white. I later discovered that grey is acceptable....

Gosh they are so fussy!

Original Poster

chas76;4834168

I just did my sons and it came back in 2 weeks, I don't use check and … I just did my sons and it came back in 2 weeks, I don't use check and send at the post office, I fill it out on-line then the send it to you and you just fill in the last few blanks, just needs a large letter stamp on it.

Do you know the web address of the form?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415467
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522885
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604830
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314660

See more discussions