Groups

first time buyer gas and electricity

hi dear all!

I am moving to a new house and now I would like to get the best deal on gas and electricity.
    can I start with a switch service or I have to speak to the supplier who has the deal with the previous tenant?
    also, which comparison site is recommended to use?
    all answers are highly appreciated!
    cheers!

12 Comments

try using moneysavingexpert , & moneysupermarket for your comparisons

You will have to contact the suppliers of the house already as you will be charged up until you switch to the deal you find. Remeber to note down your meter readings now also any meter reference numbers as you will need all these when switching.

Flow Energy generally the best

Ideally, you need to get to know what your usage is first. I've just initiated a switch to So Energy So Gorilla for the 'rents on dual fuel. If you don't mind a little added complexity I think most benefit from going with separate suppliers. Currently, my gas is with npower as of last December and electricity just switched to SSE.

I use a small government Non profit organisation called Robin Hood, I found them a lot cheaper but they're not on comparison sites. Worth comparing with MSE before you purchase.

Uswitch via quidco! X

I've just gone through this myself... normally the previous ower will tell the supplier hes moving out so he pays until he moves out. I asked him who supplies the elec and gas in my case it was British gas. I rang them they put me on there standard tarrif which was insane for one person £140 a month based on there usage calculation so I rang Avro energy a week after I moved in who have been great I switched to them and their calculation came out as £70 a month which is £10 over my actual usage so its perfect for me.

1. find out current supplier
    2. ring current supplier and setup account (find out comparison figures to make it easier to find out if its good)
    3. ring new supplier and relax

If not sure about the collective switch id definately use topcashback or quidco for some money back. Always paid out for me and i switch every year.

Original Poster

thank you very very much guys!

DealPerv2016

I use a small government Non profit organisation called Robin Hood, I … I use a small government Non profit organisation called Robin Hood, I found them a lot cheaper but they're not on comparison sites. Worth comparing with MSE before you purchase.

​they are they don't come at the top for everyone as they aren't the cheapest for all that's why u don't see them. which comparison sites do u use. They come up on energylinx and mse etc.

I have just changed again (I change every year) after checking all the comparison sites to Co-Op energy "fix for longer Feb 18"came out cheapest.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. connect tablet27
      2. Jury service1620
      3. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67
      4. What laptop to choose?21

See more discussions