First time car leaser

Posted 16th Oct
I'm looking to lease my next car, and being a first timer its all confusing.
Looking at a Nissan Juke or Qashqai, preferably automatic with decent spec (satnav, heated seats potentially etc).
Wanting a 6+23 with 10k pa.
Deals I've found appear to be last years model, is that the norm? Different engines and spec to the latest models.

I found a cheap deal on leasing.com which seems to have disappeared - a 1.6 auto Tekna Juke with the Vision(?) pack for £5k over 2 years.

Anyone aware of any cheap deals on either of these two? The Qashqais appear to be in budget for manual but not automatic. Wanting around £6k over 2 years maximum.
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
try here link
Going the way of stupid debt a-la america with all this "must have new"
Mr_Gus16/10/2019 15:36

Not really - my current 7 year old car has lost 5k in 3 years, so I'd rather spend 5k on something brand new.
I meant the sheer amount of car related lease debt piled on the economy overall, not you in particular.
You would prefer to hand over 5k & give a car back though?
Go to a car auction on motability day & take it from there.
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 16th Oct
Mr_Gus16/10/2019 15:48

I meant the sheer amount of car related lease debt piled on the economy …I meant the sheer amount of car related lease debt piled on the economy overall, not you in particular.You would prefer to hand over 5k & give a car back though?Go to a car auction on motability day & take it from there.

He's just said he lost £5,000 in three years on an older car - they all cost money.
Mr_Gus16/10/2019 15:48

I meant the sheer amount of car related lease debt piled on the economy …I meant the sheer amount of car related lease debt piled on the economy overall, not you in particular.You would prefer to hand over 5k & give a car back though?Go to a car auction on motability day & take it from there.

Yes - I own a 7.5 year old car thats worth 2k to me and I have to go to the hassle of getting rid myself. Paid nearly 8k for it little over 3 years ago. So I've thrown 6k away in 3 years - lease deals are the same money and I dont have the hassle of selling at the end.
This might be why it disappeared bbc.co.uk/new…375 worth a look either way.
Edited by: "thomasleep" 16th Oct
Or just buy a Juke? Lease just seems like a fantastic way to throw your money away.

ebay.co.uk/itm…rWX
Don't get a black car. Shows up even the lightest of scratches and when you come to hand it back there could be £££s to pay.
Mr_Gus16/10/2019 15:36

If people didn’t buy new cars there wouldn’t be so many decent second hand ones about for others to buy and second hand cars would be really expensive such as in countries like Portugal where people hang onto their cars forever (my dads car is nearly 30 years old which he bought when I was a kid).
@OP also consider PCP. It’s similar to a lease but they are often cheaper, the juke has a lot of poor feedback btw so probably best going for the quash or another brand.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 17th Oct
cmdr_elito17/10/2019 08:04

If people didn’t buy new cars there wouldn’t be so many decent second hand …If people didn’t buy new cars there wouldn’t be so many decent second hand ones about for others to buy and second hand cars would be really expensive such as in countries like Portugal where people hang onto their cars forever (my dads car is nearly 30 years old which he bought when I was a kid).

Nah, there will always be 1000's of cars going through car auctions regardless.
OP a sat nav can be had for 100 ...which you keep.
Heated seats, luxury not necessity & some marques use really naff wiring which often go wrong.
If you crash the car & the insurers write it off to a lesser value ARE you caught paying the difference?
IS the deal INCLUDING or EXCLUDING VAT on your payments?

Numerous aspects you might want to look into before committing beyond the word of a commission driven salesman.
Mr_Gus17/10/2019 11:08

Nah, there will always be 1000's of cars going through car auctions …Nah, there will always be 1000's of cars going through car auctions regardless.OP a sat nav can be had for 100 ...which you keep.Heated seats, luxury not necessity & some marques use really naff wiring which often go wrong.If you crash the car & the insurers write it off to a lesser value ARE you caught paying the difference?IS the deal INCLUDING or EXCLUDING VAT on your payments?Numerous aspects you might want to look into before committing beyond the word of a commission driven salesman.

Good point on the value - ALWAYS take out gap insurance it’s a one off cost of about £150 if bought online, makes up the gap between insurance market price and invoice value in the case of PCP.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants