First time doing an online grocery shop

Posted 11th Mar
Due to panic buying I planning to do first online grocery shop.
Can anyone recommend a promo code for Asda?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

21 Comments
I think they are account specific, with your first delivery you should get a code that only works on your account where you can get free deliveries for a month
Quite impressive we can openly discuss exclusively Wazda promos without the discussion being pulled.
£5.50 back from topcashback on a first time order over £40
AndyRoyd11/03/2020 17:06

Quite impressive we can openly discuss exclusively Wazda promos without …Quite impressive we can openly discuss exclusively Wazda promos without the discussion being pulled.

It is not a actual deal being discussed but just assistance being provided to a member on how to shop online. This can apply to any grocer.
You might want to check delivery slots as well and plan ahead - where I live, we can get ASDA, Tesco, Morrisons and Sainsburys, and none of them have any slots until Saturday afternoon, which is busier than christmas time.
are you planning to panic buy as well? if so it won't help doing online shopping as compared to going into the shop itself as they just pick up items from the shelves on the day anyway.

we had a tesco delivery yesterday and the driver said that all the items we ordered were there, which is the first time he was able to say that as they are not being able to deliver all orders in full, which is unusual for tesco around our area.
bozo00711/03/2020 17:17

It is not a actual deal being discussed but just assistance being provided …It is not a actual deal being discussed but just assistance being provided to a member on how to shop online. This can apply to any grocer.

and yet promo codes are posted as deals. Just an observation bordering off-topic, so back to non-sensibility...
mutley111/03/2020 17:26

are you planning to panic buy as well? if so it won't help doing online …are you planning to panic buy as well? if so it won't help doing online shopping as compared to going into the shop itself as they just pick up items from the shelves on the day anyway.we had a tesco delivery yesterday and the driver said that all the items we ordered were there, which is the first time he was able to say that as they are not being able to deliver all orders in full, which is unusual for tesco around our area.

Yes, went in-store and ally the essential products I need are cleared off the shelf. Online allows me to add to the basket.
rimalpatel00711/03/2020 17:53

Yes, went in-store and ally the essential products I need are cleared off …Yes, went in-store and ally the essential products I need are cleared off the shelf. Online allows me to add to the basket.

You can add it to your basket but it won’t get delivered, where do you think the pickers pick it from?
cuzzy11/03/2020 17:58

You can add it to your basket but it won’t get delivered, where do you t …You can add it to your basket but it won’t get delivered, where do you think the pickers pick it from?

Magic Wearhouse?
rimalpatel00711/03/2020 17:53

Yes, went in-store and ally the essential products I need are cleared off …Yes, went in-store and ally the essential products I need are cleared off the shelf. Online allows me to add to the basket.

as already said, the store staff will just pick the stuff from the store shelves themselves so if it is cleared from the shelves they won't deliver it. it will be in your basket but on the day itself, they will just say it is not available.

from my personal experience of asda, their delivery service is always short of products even without any panic buy issue. your best bet may be that if the delivery is from another store and not the one you go to or pick an early delivery slot so there are more stuff still left on the shelf after the evening stock up, and other customers haven't yet had a chance to clear the shelves.

you are better off with sainsburys or tesco if you want stock delivered as they have more stock than asda as they are less likely to turn up with missing items than asda from my personal experience of shopping online.
rimalpatel00711/03/2020 18:31

Magic Wearhouse?

they don't pick up stock from the warehouse or the store room in store. they pick them up from the shelves where you would pick stuff from if you were to go into the shop yourself. this is why items are not available for delivery on the day even though they are available on the order website.
Thanks I'll bear that in mind.
This thread is so full of mis-information.

Not all shops deliver. We have a Tesco superstore in our town but it doesn't deliver. So it's not true that the pickers pick from shelves that you shop at.
Join the panic sheep
m1keyp1key11/03/2020 18:59

This thread is so full of mis-information.Not all shops deliver. We have a …This thread is so full of mis-information.Not all shops deliver. We have a Tesco superstore in our town but it doesn't deliver. So it's not true that the pickers pick from shelves that you shop at.

They probably come from another store. Not sure where members said that 'pickers pick from shelves that you shop at', our delivery comes from a store that is 10 miles further away from the nearest to us
Edited by: "tregs" 11th Mar
m1keyp1key11/03/2020 18:59

This thread is so full of mis-information.Not all shops deliver. We have a …This thread is so full of mis-information.Not all shops deliver. We have a Tesco superstore in our town but it doesn't deliver. So it's not true that the pickers pick from shelves that you shop at.

i have already said it can come from a different store to that which the OP shops at, but this is not certain. the OP could call asda and ask which store the delivery is actually coming from. for us, sainsburys is delivered from a store further away than our local store but for tesco, it comes from our local store.

nonetheless the items are picked up from the shop shelves irrespective of which stores it comes from.
mutley111/03/2020 19:20

i have already said it can come from a different store to that which the …i have already said it can come from a different store to that which the OP shops at, but this is not certain. the OP could call asda and ask which store the delivery is actually coming from. for us, sainsburys is delivered from a store further away than our local store but for tesco, it comes from our local store.nonetheless the items are picked up from the shop shelves irrespective of which stores it comes from.

But maybe not the same shelves that the op shops from.

Or avoid all the shelf talk and order from Ocado.
m1keyp1key11/03/2020 19:24

But maybe not the same shelves that the op shops from. Or avoid all the …But maybe not the same shelves that the op shops from. Or avoid all the shelf talk and order from Ocado.

again, i have said this. that if the OP is lucky, the delivery is not from their local store, which has been ram raided. it seems that the panic phenomenon is localised and so the shop where the OP goes to may be empty, asda elsewhere may be fine as people there haven't turned into sheep. however as the virus becomes more widespread, i suspect the sheep phenomenon will also be contagious in the same way as the virus.

i think you will always be able to get stuff from the shops but if people panic buy, they will do so from the cheaper shops and so you will be left with a bigger shopping bill by having to go to the more expensive shops.

i got a bit paranoid the other day when i saw the toilet paper had almost all gone from my sainsburys store, so i was quite relieved today when i found lots of toilet paper on sale at my wilko store, so guess what? i stocked up, lol
Morrisons in Swindon have orders picked from their Bristol hub.
fearona11/03/2020 19:39

Morrisons in Swindon have orders picked from their Bristol hub.

OP, move to Swindon. And don't shop at Wazda. End of problem.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants