EXPIRED

First time laptop... help and advice?

Hi, guys. I wonder if any of you can help a laptop newbie with some info/deals.

I'm looking for a laptop, but one that with specs that will last for a good few years... so not necessarily the cheapest. I doubt I'll use it for anything massively demanding (gaming or the like), but I would be interested in one that houses a video card that is capable of playing HD movies - when I try to run them on the PC I'm on at the moment, they're jumpy.

I know Dell do good deals, but is there anywhere else I should consider? And how do I go about considering upgrades, are they worth doing? If someone could point me in the right direction, that'd be brilliant.

2 Comments

To be honest i'm no good with laptop spec and things like that. however if you were thinking about buying through Dell phone them up and haggle I saved us a fortune (well 20%) on our PC just by asking and putting on a bit of pressure for a reduction in price. I also made them call me so didn't spend a fortune on the phone call. If you don't get someone willing to give a reduction on price then phone up and get someone else who is. The other tip is to buy through the business site you will again save money but I know it means there are more restrictions on returning the item that you'll need to check out.

Hope this helps you a bit

Had 2 laptops from Dell.Both very reasonably priced,good spec and neither ever let us down.Don't forget the 4.5% Quidco as well.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Job Centre sending text to confirm appointment33
    2. Selling advice11
    3. Bed pillow recommendations810
    4. Advertised on Gumtree22

See more discussions