First time leasing help needed!

Found 7th Aug 2017
Hi deal hunters,

Was wondering if any experienced car leasers out there could help me on how to get the best deal on car leasing. I have already tried all the so called 'lease comparison' searches but always end up with extortionate prices.

I managed to get a quote for a BMW 330d m sport (with no added optional extras but does include a maintenance package) for 377 a month 2266 initial rent deposit and 300 for admin fee. 24mnth contract with 10k annual mileage allowance. Is this a good/fair price? Or are they trying to get my pants down and bend me over?

Please help! Need to get a car within a month give or take a couple of weeks!
Tia

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments

11k for a lease? 39k OTR price from stealers (could have it cheaper most likely). 2yr old goes for around 22k.....

broker4cars.co.uk/Buy…uto
could get new for 30k
Edited by: "mattsk" 7th Aug 2017

Original Poster

So not a good deal then?

Any chance you could guide me in the right direction? I have literally spent the last 3 weeks looking at thousands of 'deals' and have come up with just this one.

NinjaWithALithp6 m ago

So not a good deal then? :(Any chance you could guide me in the right …So not a good deal then? :(Any chance you could guide me in the right direction? I have literally spent the last 3 weeks looking at thousands of 'deals' and have come up with just this one.

sorry not an expert here, just seemed to me like a bad deal hence my comment. wait for other members to help out

Original Poster

The waiting begins. Thank for the input fella.

Not at all in touch with Leasing prices and don't agree with financing depreciation it can only end in tears IMO. A cheap (ish) way(relatively) to pose in an expensive new car that everyone knows you can't afford .

Are you sure you want the "M" model ? Without a doubt a beast of a car , but throughout the BMW line up you pay about 25% extra for the M badge for which you get a harsher ride and sky high insurance costs . OK there are lots of positives as well but is it really worth that much more ?

I've just bought a 6 month old BMW , did look at the "M" version but the extra cost and much higher premiums over a well equipped non M version can not be justified .

Original Poster

It's not about posing in a car that one couldn't afford. I like to change cars often and have had some bad recent experiences with buying/selling cars. So leasing to me appears to be a great no hassle option.
Previous car was a 2013 320d m sport and the handling and ride comfort was spot on.
Have my heart set on the 330d as I hired one for work a months ago and enjoyed every bit of the car. It also only comes in the m sport variant.

NinjaWithALithp21 m ago

It's not about posing in a car that one couldn't afford. I like to change …It's not about posing in a car that one couldn't afford. I like to change cars often and have had some bad recent experiences with buying/selling cars. So leasing to me appears to be a great no hassle option. Previous car was a 2013 320d m sport and the handling and ride comfort was spot on. Have my heart set on the 330d as I hired one for work a months ago and enjoyed every bit of the car. It also only comes in the m sport variant.

I think what rogparki means is whether you tried similar engine bmw without the M badge (which will give you more interior spec for less money).
At the moment you are set for the 330d M but it does not look like you have tried other BMW models eg 320d M (which is 8k cheaper)

Original Poster

I get what they meant but I really like the engine set up of the 330d. The performance and handling is just amazing imo. Speccing a 320d with all the bells and whistles still wouldn't change its rather boring ride. It has no real umph or character if that makes any sense.
Already had a 320d m sport and really do not want to drive the same car again. After the fi4st few months the novelty of owning a new German 'premium' brand car wore off rather quickly. It's performance was so predictable and unexciting.

377, add the insurance.... thats alot. Why not get a car loan and buy from dealer.

Original Poster

Leasing is a such a hassle. All these lease companies are absolutely useless. Have to constantly chase them up for quotes or even a bloody application form. If they don't want my money then so be it.
Avoid yes-lease. They advertise false prices and lie about them to so you'll rush into a contract with them!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions