First Travel Ads getting Dark.

Found 22nd Nov 2017
I think the guy who makes up their ads needs some help; I was following a bus with the tag.

"Plan the perfect murder, up to 6 buses per hour".

No info on whether cadavers went free, or if the driver had strict instructions not to notice blood oozing from suitcases etc.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

If one person on Twitter complained about the ad, it would probably get banned. The company directors would have to resign and make a public apology.
Then it would appear on the BBC News app as "news".
That's how the nanny state works these days.

Original Poster

Derek_Horatio_Shatwell3 h, 55 m ago

If one person on Twitter complained about the ad, it would probably get …If one person on Twitter complained about the ad, it would probably get banned. The company directors would have to resign and make a public apology.Then it would appear on the BBC News app as "news".That's how the nanny state works these days.

I have a T shirt desing I keep meaning to have made up.

There is a large, empty speech bubble, and underneath it says :-

"Someone, somewhere, will find this offensive".
Edited by: "Gentle_Giant" 22nd Nov 2017

Original Poster

OK, what is going on with the website?? I have tried and failed THREE times to correct the spelling mistake in the above post.

Derek_Horatio_Shatwell17 h, 58 m ago

If one person on Twitter complained about the ad, it would probably get …If one person on Twitter complained about the ad, it would probably get banned. The company directors would have to resign and make a public apology.Then it would appear on the BBC News app as "news".That's how the nanny state works these days.

Do you have an example of this happening?

teh.arn23 m ago

I was slightly exaggerating to make a point.
Maybe not one person complaining, but if a few complain, it seems to be classes as newsworthy.
Then the S Storm usually hits.

A resent example of one person complaining: On the BBC News app, a teenage girl who's famous on YouTube, made some none politically correct comments about 5 years ago, when she wasn't "famous".
One person looks back into her Tweets, causes a fuss. It then makes the news and she's the most evil person on the planet.

This politically correctness/moaning about the slightest thing, which then gets reported as "news", as though we should give a F about it, is seeping into society.
If we disagree in any way with the PC/Moaners POV, we then become the scum of the earth ourselves.

Oops, I'm moaning myself. I've been infected

Derek_Horatio_Shatwell2 m ago

I was slightly exaggerating to make a point.Maybe not one person …I was slightly exaggerating to make a point.Maybe not one person complaining, but if a few complain, it seems to be classes as newsworthy.Then the S Storm usually hits.A resent example of one person complaining: On the BBC News app, a teenage girl who's famous on YouTube, made some none politically correct comments about 5 years ago, when she wasn't "famous".One person looks back into her Tweets, causes a fuss. It then makes the news and she's the most evil person on the planet.This politically correctness/moaning about the slightest thing, which then gets reported as "news", as though we should give a F about it, is seeping into society. If we disagree in any way with the PC/Moaners POV, we then become the scum of the earth ourselves.Oops, I'm moaning myself. I've been infected

It makes news because she's in the public eye.

It's always been that way......

For anyone Googling the meaning of Moaners POV, may I suggest an Incognito tab.

Original Poster

teh.arn4 h, 37 m ago

Not Twitter per se, but the BBC HAVE make fulsome apologies and pulled programs after as few as EIGHT people have phoned them to complain; and I seem to remember one apology after a SINGLE person phoned to complain.

My local council has the right idea; all complaints must be written and posted in, with your full name and address included :- that stopped a LOT of spurious and malicious complaints.

Prior to this, I had one complaint against me made whilst I was 20 miles away from the supposed incident; luckily I had logs to show where I was, and it was dismissed.
Post a comment
@
    Text