fish tank leaking UPDATE! HAS NOW EXPLODED!

Found 10th Aug 2009
seems to be the seal in a bottom corner. can this be fixed as theres only one fish in the tank? my mam doesnt want anymore so is going to get rid once this fish has died so dont want to be buying another tank

looks like the fish is going in with my coldwater ones and taking his chances until we find him a home. hopefully with it being warm the water wont be too cold for him

32 Comments

Banned

nothing a bit of silicon can't fix, drain and dry it then go to B&Q and buy a tibe of clean silicon, will cost less than £5

Original Poster

tommytippe;5983077

nothing a bit of silicon can't fix, drain and dry it then go to B&Q and … nothing a bit of silicon can't fix, drain and dry it then go to B&Q and buy a tibe of clean silicon, will cost less than £5

any tips on how to find out where exactly the leak is coming from? then we can just seal that bit?

Banned

donnaraine;5983102

any tips on how to find out where exactly the leak is coming from? then … any tips on how to find out where exactly the leak is coming from? then we can just seal that bit?

it'll be somewhere near the wet bit...lol

I would just drain and then silicon all the joints, atleast it will last w hile then

donnaraine;5983102

any tips on how to find out where exactly the leak is coming from? then … any tips on how to find out where exactly the leak is coming from? then we can just seal that bit?

where is the fish being sucked by the vacuumous hole ? :?

Original Poster

tommytippe;5983110

it'll be somewhere near the wet bit...lolI would just drain and then … it'll be somewhere near the wet bit...lolI would just drain and then silicon all the joints, atleast it will last w hile then

grrrr shes now saying it will be too much hard work and would rather just give the fish to someone who has a tropical tank. i really could kill her at times

Banned

donnaraine;5983124

grrrr shes now saying it will be too much hard work and would rather just … grrrr shes now saying it will be too much hard work and would rather just give the fish to someone who has a tropical tank. i really could kill her at times

Chips:w00t::santa:

Poor little fish all alone in the tank:cry:

Original Poster

mikebike;5983144

Poor little fish all alone in tank:cry:

hes actually alot more active on his own. he hid alot of the time when the other fish were in the tank but hes out all the time now hes on his own

donnaraine;5983155

hes actually alot more active on his own. he hid alot of the time when … hes actually alot more active on his own. he hid alot of the time when the other fish were in the tank but hes out all the time now hes on his own

Well that's good

Original Poster

can i make a thread on here to give the fish to a good home? or am i not allowed to give animals away on here?

Is it a goldfish ?

If so do you have any friends with a pond ?

Original Poster

Nesima;5983356

Is it a goldfish ?If so do you have any friends with a pond ?

its a tropical fish, a gourami, if thats how you spell it. dont have any mates who have a trpoical tank

donnaraine;5983719

its a tropical fish, a gourami, if thats how you spell it. dont have any … its a tropical fish, a gourami, if thats how you spell it. dont have any mates who have a trpoical tank

Your local fish shop will take it from you I'm sure

donnaraine;5983719

its a tropical fish, a gourami, if thats how you spell it. dont have any … its a tropical fish, a gourami, if thats how you spell it. dont have any mates who have a trpoical tank

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/anabantoids/images/HoneyGouramiWFA_AcF160.jpg

I want a fish tank.

Please don't tell me your just going to bin the stuff.

Shame your so far up north?

Original Poster

Adam2050;5983996

I want a fish tank. Please don't tell me your just going to bin the … I want a fish tank. Please don't tell me your just going to bin the stuff.Shame your so far up north?

nah we wouldnt bin it, some good ornaments and plenty gravel and plants that would be of use to someone, just the actual tank itself is no good. poor little fishie though i dont want to give him away but my mother has no heart. hes a double of the one on the pic

Original Poster

DAMNOME;5983959

Your local fish shop will take it from you I'm sure

our local one only does coldwater fish :x

donnaraine;5984071

nah we wouldnt bin it, some good ornaments and plenty gravel and plants … nah we wouldnt bin it, some good ornaments and plenty gravel and plants that would be of use to someone, just the actual tank itself is no good. poor little fishie though i dont want to give him away but my mother has no heart. hes a double of the one on the pic

I would try the suggestion. Easiest thing would be to grab that silcon, and go round the full stretch of the bottom of the tank. Leave it for a day. Stick the fish in another kitchen bowl with the pump for a day and bobs your uncle. Anyone could do it. You sure to find the leak under a tap. Wouldn't start debating getting rid of it unless you really didn't want it. I'm after one as its good for stress, I have heard.

until they start dying - and you get all stressed trying to find out why

Original Poster

Adam2050;5984127

I would try the suggestion. Easiest thing would be to grab that silcon, … I would try the suggestion. Easiest thing would be to grab that silcon, and go round the full stretch of the bottom of the tank. Leave it for a day. Stick the fish in another kitchen bowl with the pump for a day and bobs your uncle. Anyone could do it. You sure to find the leak under a tap. Wouldn't start debating getting rid of it unless you really didn't want it. I'm after one as its good for stress, I have heard.

now im being told just normal silicon is poisonous to fish, and you need a special type of silicony stuff (i dont know) to seal the tank. so i said i will be able to get some off the internet to which the mother said she cant be chewed emptying the tank to fill it back up again. shame you didnt live up north, you could have had the little fella and everything in the tank, with just a tank to buy

I think most pet shops would have the aqua silicone in-store if not a DIY outlet should

Original Poster

PEPSIDAVE;5984245

I think most pet shops would have the aqua silicone in-store if not a DIY … I think most pet shops would have the aqua silicone in-store if not a DIY outlet should

but shes said even if she got some she wouldnt empty the tank and fix it 'for the sake of one fish' as she puts it. she stresses me out so much lol. i think shes got it in her head she wants to get rid and whatever suggestion i come up with she wont go for

Sounds like its going to fishy heaven via the toilet then

donnaraine;5984191

now im being told just normal silicon is poisonous to fish, and you need … now im being told just normal silicon is poisonous to fish, and you need a special type of silicony stuff (i dont know) to seal the tank. so i said i will be able to get some off the internet to which the mother said she cant be chewed emptying the tank to fill it back up again. shame you didnt live up north, you could have had the little fella and everything in the tank, with just a tank to buy

It's fine if you get 100% non toxic silicone and leave if 24-48 hours to cure.

Buy another fish and then tell your mum you are not doing it for just one :thumbsup:

Original Poster

PEPSIDAVE;5984337

Sounds like its going to fishy heaven via the toilet then

hes not! she will go down the toilet before he does! :x

Original Poster

fireheaven;5984343

It's fine if you get 100% non toxic silicone and leave if 24-48 hours to … It's fine if you get 100% non toxic silicone and leave if 24-48 hours to cure.Buy another fish and then tell your mum you are not doing it for just one :thumbsup:

nowhere near sells tropical fish so i couldnt. i think shes not gonna budge on this

Banned

donnaraine;5984353

nowhere near sells tropical fish so i couldnt. i think shes not gonna … nowhere near sells tropical fish so i couldnt. i think shes not gonna budge on this

tonight your mum will sleep with the fishy lmao

Nice little fish will have a look in my local pet shop , my 1 year old loves fish , his grandad has a massive tank cost £600 with the stand :w00t:

just bought one of them trobical orbs as it will give the bairn hours of enjoyment :thumbsup:

I hope your fish gets sorted and he doesnt end up in the tyne :-D

Original Poster

GMN360;5984454

tonight your mum will sleep with the fishy lmao :)Nice little fish will … tonight your mum will sleep with the fishy lmao :)Nice little fish will have a look in my local pet shop , my 1 year old loves fish , his grandad has a massive tank cost £600 with the stand :w00t:just bought one of them trobical orbs as it will give the bairn hours of enjoyment :thumbsup:I hope your fish gets sorted and he doesnt end up in the tyne :-D

uh oh tank exploded! so hes in with my coldwater fish, dont know what else we can do until we find him a new home

where do u live?

donnaraine;5985307

uh oh tank exploded! so hes in with my coldwater fish, dont know what … uh oh tank exploded! so hes in with my coldwater fish, dont know what else we can do until we find him a new home

Pics?!

How does a tank explode?

SimbaK2K;5988261

Pics?!How does a tank explode?

Like this:

http://kyon.pl/static/img/remiq.net_8364.jpg

^^^^^^^^
:lol:

Original Poster

all of a sudden the water just started gushing all over the carpet! a seal had come away in the bottom of the tank. so it was a mad rush to get buckets and empty them whilst using the carpet washer to suck the water up off the carpet lol. but everythings sorted now, the little fishie has a new home with my deputy manager from work
Post a comment
@
    Text