Fisher-Price Recalls Nearly 1M Toys !

Although only in US and may never recalled here.. watch out !

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stmnews.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

Toymaker Fisher Price is to recall almost one million Chinese-made toys over fears that their paint contains too much lead. An internal probe found the Chinese manufacturer had used a non-approved paint pigment, violating its safety standards, the company said.

7 Comments

I wonder if this includes TMX Elmo, can't remember who made it.

Original Poster

Syzable

I wonder if this includes TMX Elmo, can't remember who made it.

Mostly Sesame street and Dora Toys

]http//ww…xml

There is a recall here Edi, heard the F-P woman on the radio and she said there were some here as well but not as many as in the US :giggle:

Thanks for the pointer edi. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Crazy1

There is a recall here Edi, heard the F-P woman on the radio and she said … There is a recall here Edi, heard the F-P woman on the radio and she said there were some here as well but not as many as in the US :giggle:

Thats really a surprise.. :giggle:

Looking @ all the 'colourful' toys flooding the poundshops, I wonder if there are any eforceable laws.

edi

Thats really a surprise.. :giggle: Looking @ all the 'colourful' toys … Thats really a surprise.. :giggle: Looking @ all the 'colourful' toys flooding the poundshops, I wonder if there are any eforceable laws.

Trading Standards are quite hot at the ports but if QC fails there is little they can do with regards to visual inspections :-(

Original Poster

More to scare about (from BBC) :-

CHINESE PRODUCT SCARES

Pet food - tainted with chemical melamine
Toothpaste - tainted with chemical diethylene glycol and bacteria
Farmed fish - traces of banned drugs and pesticides found
Tyres - fault may cause blow-outs
Toys - contain lead or pose choking hazard
Children's jewellery - contains lead
Ceramic heaters - pose fire safety risk
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!1516
    2. Sad news about Barcelona1527
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764044
    4. PDF Drive is your search engine for PDF files. No annoying ads, no download…22

See more discussions