Expired

fishing in glasgow/surrounding areas

Found 29th Jun 2011
anyone recomend anywhere ? my 4 year old wants to go fishing and was going to take my 7 year old nephew too, looking for somewhere here we have a VERY good chance of catching something.(fish i mean not a cold lol)
Community Updates
MiscGlasgowSpeakerFishing
8 Comments
If you didn't have the kids with you theres plenty of places to catch something in glasgow
Hiya Jamstaruk

I've never fished around this area, but I'd recommend a fishery - at least then the fishing will be guaranteed which will be important given the kids' ages and attention spans! I had a quick look for you on google and this is only 15 mins from Glasgow sites.google.com/sit…ome It seems to offer family days out and packages. Whatever you choose, I hope you have a lovely time! x
sb123

Hiya JamstarukI've never fished around this area, but I'd recommend a … Hiya JamstarukI've never fished around this area, but I'd recommend a fishery - at least then the fishing will be guaranteed which will be important given the kids' ages and attention spans! I had a quick look for you on google and this is only 15 mins from Glasgow http://sites.google.com/site/carbethfishery/home It seems to offer family days out and packages. Whatever you choose, I hope you have a lovely time! x

thanks sb this will be 1 to consider in the future as it will soon have a beginerers pond. cnt really justify £33 quid at the mo as we may not catch anything/kids attention spans (may get bored after 1/2 hour)
Ally park for perch Alexander park,Dennistoun.
Hogganfield loch (Stepps) for perch & pike.
River Clyde out Cambuslang way has Salmon.
Buy a days permit for drumpelir park ,coatbridge.
Pretty sure there is fishing over at Stewarton but not sure about the lagalities of it.
http://www.newhayliefishingloch.com/

Near me but 45 mins or so from Glasgow. The wee man & his grandad go regularly.
Hi Hogganfield loch is good for carp ?
The canal behind firhill stadium is a pretty safe place for kids , plenty of fish to be caught aswell

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants