Fit tracker with NFC support

Posted 4th Jul 2020
Which would you recommend, budget is around £30.

Thanks?
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
If you can wait Xiaomi Mi Band 5 International version should be releasing soon

You will need the International version and not the China version currently available, should be £25-30 delivered.
HotUKDealsHobo04/07/2020 12:45

If you can wait Xiaomi Mi Band 5 International version should be releasing …If you can wait Xiaomi Mi Band 5 International version should be releasing soonYou will need the International version and not the China version currently available, should be £25-30 delivered.

Thanks. Any idea when the release date is?
for those recommending the mi band 4 or 5. there is no NFC on either.
What do you want the NFC for?
mutley104/07/2020 17:25

Just in case you haven't seen it, he's after a budget one.

The 5 does have and hope is international version will support google pay and apple pay
Barrelofwhiskey04/07/2020 19:48

Just in case you haven't seen it, he's after a budget one.

the OP states he wants one with NFC. it may be out of his budget, but he needs to be told that the mi band does not have NFC.
HotUKDealsHobo04/07/2020 20:04

The 5 does have and hope is international version will support google pay …The 5 does have and hope is international version will support google pay and apple pay

what i have heard is that it won't be the NFC that we are hoping for as they would not be able to get google pay, but the NFC that they have just launched on the mi band 4, which is only available in russia.
Edited by: "mutley1" 4th Jul

Some versions of the Mi Band 4 have NFC. At first it was only available in China and only supported AliPay (no Google Pay support) but they've started including it in versions for other countries now - they should be available in Europe soon and only have MasterCard support for now but it's expected Google Pay support will be added at some point.

As for the Mi Band 5, it's already been confirmed the global version will have NFC with Google Pay support at launch, so no confusion there.
reddragon10505/07/2020 16:53

Some versions of the Mi Band 4 have NFC. At first it was only available in …Some versions of the Mi Band 4 have NFC. At first it was only available in China and only supported AliPay (no Google Pay support) but they've started including it in versions for other countries now - they should be available in Europe soon and only have MasterCard support for now but it's expected Google Pay support will be added at some point.As for the Mi Band 5, it's already been confirmed the global version will have NFC with Google Pay support at launch, so no confusion there.

that is good to hear. i am aware of the mastercard being added to the mi band 4 recently, that was launched in russia. i was told that it doesn't work in the uk as we have a different payment system to that used in russia.

let's wait and see what the mi band 5 will have. this is the first time i heard that it will have google pay as there were comments to say that it won't get google pay. i had put it down to the cost of getting access to google pay, which xiaomi can't afford to pay google on a cheap band like this.

have you got a link to where it states that the mi band 5 will get google pay?
Post a comment
@
    Text