Fitbit users

Found 11th Sep 2017
Right looking for advice. Was wondering what phones all the Fitbit users out there have. I'm particularly aware that on the likes of this page especially not everyone has the latest Samsung or phone, and we have a particular love for Xiaomi.howver I'm also aware that lots of people here do use fitbits.
I'm disappointed to learn that Fitbit does not support any of the devices I own (Oneplus 3, Huawei p9 and honor 7) also doesn't support the other half a old galaxy note 2 which I tried as well.
So I'm kinda at a sticking point as had planned on getting a Fitbit but now can't (unless I change my phone which is what they advised me to do!)
Im just not convinced that everyone out there is using a Fitbit compatible device?
Also if anyone with either of the above devices could recommend what may be an alternative to a Fitbit tracker that would be helpful. I'd been looking at Garmin vivosmart HR+ but deal posted on here last night went freezing cold so now not sure.I feel like my options have dramatically decreased as to which tracker I can now use given NONE of my phone's are supported by Fitbit
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
I have Fitbit blaze and have an HTC one M9
I'm surprised about the Huawei because I have a p8 lite and it works fine with my fitbit
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 11th Sep 2017
Isn't it just Bluetooth with an Android app, what do you mean it doesn't support it? Just that they've not listed every phone ever made on some random list on their website that doesn't even remotely mean it won't work?
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 11th Sep 2017
Irrelevant but I keep seeing your avatar everywhere and I feel like I recognise it but I don't. Where is it from?
Also the Note 2 is fairly old (5 years). It probably can't install many of the popular apps around.
dcx_badass20 h, 47 m ago

Isn't it just Bluetooth with an Android app, what do you mean it doesn't …Isn't it just Bluetooth with an Android app, what do you mean it doesn't support it? Just that they've not listed every phone ever made on some random list on their website that doesn't even remotely mean it won't work?

I'm not sure but none of the phones I own are listed as compatible. You should be able to use the Fitbit app to track steps using your phone and without the fitness tracker band using "track move" (or something) but on all 3 of the devices I have I cannot set up this option. It seems risky to purchase one of their hands at approx 100 if not more for it to then not work with my phone's
Dolphinzz20 h, 1 m ago

Also the Note 2 is fairly old (5 years). It probably can't install many of …Also the Note 2 is fairly old (5 years). It probably can't install many of the popular apps around.

Yeah I agree but then what's the excuse for my more recent 3 devices ...
Dolphinzz20 h, 2 m ago

Irrelevant but I keep seeing your avatar everywhere and I feel like I …Irrelevant but I keep seeing your avatar everywhere and I feel like I recognise it but I don't. Where is it from?

It's just a cartoon of loki
psychobitchfromhell20 h, 53 m ago

I'm surprised about the Huawei because I have a p8 lite and it works fine …I'm surprised about the Huawei because I have a p8 lite and it works fine with my fitbit

Hmm strange. It's not listed as being compatible... Does everything work as should and what Fitbit have you got
The only thing I can say is that they're not considered very 'popular' and 'mainstream' brands so maybe that's why? I really don't know. Just get a cheap iPhone 4s or an oldish Moto G like my grandma did to use her Fitbit until she upgraded from her Windows phone
Dolphinzz11 m ago

The only thing I can say is that they're not considered very 'popular' and …The only thing I can say is that they're not considered very 'popular' and 'mainstream' brands so maybe that's why? I really don't know. Just get a cheap iPhone 4s or an oldish Moto G like my grandma did to use her Fitbit until she upgraded from her Windows phone

So buy a cheap ass phone that is compatible with Fitbit and then have to use it 24/7 even though I have 3 better more powerful phones .... Yeah.....
Edited by: "little_green" 12th Sep 2017
little_green45 m ago

So buy a cheap ass phone that is compatible with Fitbit and then have to …So buy a cheap ass phone that is compatible with Fitbit and then have to use it 24/7 even though I have 3 better more powerful phones .... Yeah.....

I am just making a suggestion. Don't need to bite my head off. I know that if I bought a Fitbit, I would pay for a phone for it to work with. Both of what I suggested were fairly cheap and you definitely don't have to use it 24/7
little_green2 h, 15 m ago

Hmm strange. It's not listed as being compatible... Does everything work …Hmm strange. It's not listed as being compatible... Does everything work as should and what Fitbit have you got

I've got a charge hr. It works fine. The only thing I find is it doesn't always synch automatically and the notification the mobile is ringing is about three seconds after it rings.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants