Fitness tracking app Strava gives away location of secret US army bases.

Found 29th Jan
theguardian.com/wor…ses

Looks like our boys/gals like a swim.
2885407-z3yge.jpg

I mean WTF not like this is news or anything ?
huffingtonpost.com/201…tml
2885407-B54dP.jpg
Community Updates
12 Comments
Well every one of the users will have accepted the Ts&Cs of the app that explicitly assured the 'privacy protection' available to consumers.
the app didnt - the users did.
Original Poster
adamspencer951 h, 43 m ago

the app didnt - the users did.

Military intelligence.
These are not secretive bases.
Even a typical bloke knows to switch off any smart tracking long before visiting a location of his mistress or prostitute, just saying.
Original Poster
splender15 m ago

These are not secretive bases. Even a typical bloke knows to switch off …These are not secretive bases. Even a typical bloke knows to switch off any smart tracking long before visiting a location of his mistress or prostitute, just saying.

Really ?
33158295-m4rP2.jpg
Wongy1103 m ago

Really ?[Image]

Yup. Don't show up on Google maps for precisely that reason.
Wongy11028 m ago

Really ?[Image]

what I am saying is there is a difference in different levels of secrecy, top secret bases have rigorous control of personnel using any devices that could be tracked by third parties; this Strava shows what is "secret" to us common person; at Mosul the locals can see them going in and out, so not secret, is it?
Original Poster
splender10 m ago

what I am saying is there is a difference in different levels of secrecy, …what I am saying is there is a difference in different levels of secrecy, top secret bases have rigorous control of personnel using any devices that could be tracked by third parties; this Strava shows what is "secret" to us common person; at Mosul the locals can see them going in and out, so not secret, is it?

Yeah of course there are but still pretty bloody stupid.
splender16 m ago

what I am saying is there is a difference in different levels of secrecy, …what I am saying is there is a difference in different levels of secrecy, top secret bases have rigorous control of personnel using any devices that could be tracked by third parties; this Strava shows what is "secret" to us common person; at Mosul the locals can see them going in and out, so not secret, is it?

Can the people of Mosul also see the layout of those bases? Is that public knowledge that the military shares freely?
Original Poster
Strava now saying maybe you guys/gals shouldn't be using our app ? lol
theguardian.com/tec…ban
33158779-g7sWw.jpg33158779-LrhUw.jpg
RossD895 h, 10 m ago

Can the people of Mosul also see the layout of those bases? Is that public …Can the people of Mosul also see the layout of those bases? Is that public knowledge that the military shares freely?

You made an excellent point as the internals could be very complex, e.g.:-
33160413-dTDN1.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions