Expired

Fitted Sheets for Kids Ikea bed?

Found 8th Mar 2010
Does anyone know what fitted sheets fit the extendable kids beds from Ikea? I have checked the Ikea site and none of the sizes stated would fit the smallest setting for the kids beds. Can anyone enlighten me?

10 Comments

Cot bed sheets maybe?

Original Poster

Perhaps but there are 3 parts to the mattress so I think the sheets would need to come in 3 parts.

We use cot bed sheets on ours and these fit on the first stage mattress only (largest piece on it's own). We have extended the bed to the medium size and added one of the small pieces of mattress on the bed to give our son some more leg space but have just wrapped his favourite star fleece blanket over this.

Hope that makes sense?

Original Poster

Surely Ikea must make sheets for these mattresses?

Was just going to suggest cot bed sheets, got beaten to it. Ikea have strange sizings in their bedding, so I have always found it difficult to find the right covers for their beds and quilts!

Just looked and IKEA do sell a fitted sheet for the first stage only (160cm x 70cm) for £6.99 in red, white and blue.

ikea.com/gb/…250

Original Poster

It's bizzarre isn't it? You would think they would have a bit on the page for the beds and mattresses a suggestion for the sheets that fit it?

They are missing a trick I tell ya!!

Original Poster

R1DER;8054362

Just looked and IKEA do sell a fitted sheet for the first stage only … Just looked and IKEA do sell a fitted sheet for the first stage only (160cm x 70cm) for £6.99 in red, white and blue. http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40122250

Yeah but is the first stage size not 80 x 130cm?

Oooh I don't know actually and the wee one is sleeping so I won't turf him out lol!

We have the three part mattress and I assumed it would be the same size. The cotbed sheets I use are for a 70 x 140cm mattress and they fit ok. Saying that a couple of our older sheets are a bit of a tight fit.

We bought our bed just over a year ago and the IKEA staff said that they didn't do sheets and we should just wrap a normal single sheet around it!

Think the bed was called Vykara (or something similar). The mattress is called VYSSA SLÖA if you search on the ikea website. I don't know if thats any help. I used a small and the large section, had a double sheet and folded it is 2.

Good luck!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. saying of the day89412
    2. Stay well this winter, help any vulnerable people you know too1042
    3. Did you know?2953
    4. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…51112

See more discussions